ShEx (Q29377880) is a concise, formal modeling and validation language for RDF structures. ShEx can be used to define shapes within the RDF graph. In the case of Wikidata, this would be sets of properties, qualifiers and references that describe the domain being modeled. Subsets of the Wikidata graph can be tested to see whether or not they conform to a specific shape through the use of validation tools. ShEx constraints can be atomic triple constraints or boolean combinations of such constraints.
Tutorials / examples
- How to get started with ShEx on Wikidata?
- Kat Thornton: Modeling Software and File Formats. ShEx for data models
Publications Related to ShEx
Issue tracker on Phabricator
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
- Andra Waagmeester Andrawaag (talk) 19:33, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
- YULdigitalpreservation (talk) 13:32, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 01:52, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
- Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 13:55, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Lucas Werkmeister (talk) 12:34, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- John Samuel 20:31, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Dhx1 (talk) 02:39, 8 March 2018 (UTC)
- Jneubert (talk) 13:35, 19 June 2018 (UTC)