Welcome to Wikidata, BlaueBlüte!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
I noticed you manually merged an item, which is ok, but it is best to either use the Merge special page, or enable the Merge gadget (I personally find the gadget easier). You can find the gadget in your preferences, it's the first under "Wikidata-centric". After it'a enabled, it can be found in the "More" menu. This ensures that all data is successfully transferred, and it will also redirect the newer item to the older item, per this discussion. If you have any questions or queries, please drop me a message ;) --George (Talk · Contribs · CentralAuth · Log) 07:22, 8 March 2015 (UTC)