Wikidata acts as central storage for the structured data of its Wikimedia sister projects including Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wiktionary, Wikisource, and others.Wikidata also provides support to many other sites and services beyond just Wikimedia projects! The content of Wikidata is available under a free license, exported using standard formats, and can be interlinked to other open data sets on the linked data web.
Learn about Wikidata
- What is Wikidata? Read the Wikidata introduction.
- Explore Wikidata by looking at a featured showcase item for author Douglas Adams (Q42).
- Get started with Wikidata's SPARQL query service.
Contribute to Wikidata
- Learn to edit Wikidata: follow the tutorials.
- Work with other volunteers on a subject that interests you: join a WikiProject.
- Individuals and organizations can also donate data.
Meet the Wikidata community
- Visit the community portal or attend a Wikidata event.
- Create a user account.
- Talk and ask questions on the Project chat, Telegram groups, or the live IRC chat.
Use data from Wikidata
- Learn how you can retrieve and use data from Wikidata.
- 2023-07-21: Entity schema E400, about an archival resource in the Yale University Art Gallery, is created.
- 2023-06-29: The Wikidata development team talk about what they've been working on in the office hours at 17:00 UTC on Telegram.
- 2023-06-27: The one hundred and twenty millionth item, a disambiguation page, is created.
- 2023-05-13: Wikidata tool QuickStatements (Q20084080) ran its batch 200000.
- 2023-05-02: Lexeme L1100000, for the Modern Greek (Q36510) word 'σπρώχνω', meaning 'to push someone', is created.
Wikiproject Music is home to editors that help add data about artists, music releases, tracks, awards, and performances! Additionally, importing from and linking Wikidata with the many music databases and streaming services is another focus of the project. Read about our data model on our project page and come chat with us on Telegram.
- Check out Wikidata:Tools for some of our best tools and gadgets for using and exploring Wikidata.
Wikipedia – Encyclopedia Wiktionary – Dictionary and thesaurus Wikibooks – Textbooks, manuals, and cookbooks Wikinews – News Wikiquote – Collection of quotations Wikisource – Library Wikiversity – Learning resources Wikivoyage – Travel guides Wikispecies – Directory of species Wikifunctions – Free software functions