19:30, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
05:02, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Thanks for catching these mistakes. I found P101 "field of work" can be useful for some of these.
Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Instances of software
Wikiproject Informatics/File formats: discussion may be of interest
Hi, as you've taken an interest in the Wikidata:WikiProject Informatics/File formats sub-project, I thought the ongoing discussion at Wikidata talk:WikiProject Informatics/File formats may be of interest to you, if you haven't seen it already. There is some debate about whether individial Wikidata items are created for specific versions of file formats (PDF v1.7 versus PDF v1.6), and perhaps extending that further, to whether each version of a software application could have a separate Wikidata item.
Please fix your property proposal
You're doing a lot of good work around software and it would be great to have your input on the FLOSS project, if you get the time. Thanks !
Thanks for your comment! I'll stop by the FLOSS project to see what I can contribute. Thanks for the pointer.