The WikiProject Genealogy works on improving information about family trees on Wikidata.
- Directly connected
- Incorrectly connected
FAQ for new users
WikiProject Parenthood maintains a list of family relationship properties.
Identifiers for databases
Records in such databases are usually linked to each other.
See also Wikidata:WikiProject Genealogy/Notables for further examples of these properties.
Birth, death, burial
These databases hold primary information about birth, death, burial, and do not mainly provide family relationship. Sometimes relative information may be found in unlinked texts.
|Find A Grave memorial ID (P535)||139774||Find A Grave||180000000||0.08 %||2339 %||865||6623|
|CWGC person ID (P1908)||2275||Commonwealth War Graves Commission database|
|Dutch Cemetery in Chinsurah person ID (P4458)||164||The Dutch Cemetery in Chinsurah||649|
|Scottish Cemetery Kolkata person ID (P4512)||2|
|Czech War Graves Register (P7949)||65|
Identifiers for cemeteries
|CWGC burial ground ID (P1920)||3316||Commonwealth War Graves Commission database|
|Find A Grave cemetery ID (P2025)||6261||Find A Grave||165000000||0 % linked from Wikidata||156517 % (compared to cemeteries at Wikidata)|
|BillionGraves cemetery ID (P4352)||210||BillionGraves||125000000||0 % linked from Wikidata||118573 % (compared to cemeteries at Wikidata)|
|Volksbund ID (P6244)||437||German War Graves Commission|
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
- ChristianKl (talk) 15:11, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- Melderick (talk) 12:22, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
- Richard Arthur Norton
- Jklamo (talk) 20:21, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
- Sam Wilson
- Gap9551 (talk) 18:41, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
- Jrm03063 (talk) 15:46, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
- Salgo60 (talk) 18:10, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Egbe Eugene (talk) Eugene233 (talk) 03:40, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Dcflyer (talk) 07:45, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Nomen ad hoc
- Gamaliel (talk) 13:01, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- Pablo Busatto (talk) 11:51, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Theklan (talk) 19:25, 20 December 2019 (UTC)
- SM5POR (talk) 20:17, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
- First Lady of the United States
- United States Cabinet officers
- United States governors
- United States representatives
- United States senators
- hereditary heads of state
- presidents of France
- presidents of the United States
- presidents of the United States/ancestor
- prime ministers of the United Kingdom
- prime ministers of the United Kingdom/ancestor
- vice-presidents of the United States
Extracting & Display of Genealogy Relationships
Information about genealogy relationships being stored in Wikidata can be extracted and displayed in various ways:
- using RDF query language SPARQL commands
- using templates within Wikipedia articles and tools via a webbrowser using readymade queries
Examples of SPARQL Queries
Examples of Wikipedia Templates
Examples of Tools
- GeneaWiki is a simple external graph viewer showing genealogy information in WikiData.
- Ancestor viewer a viewer tool that shows also birth dates and images of the persons (if available), limited to the display of up to four generations, just parent/kip display, no display of siblings
- Relator a viewer tool that shows also siblings and spouses, limited to the display of up to three generations
- Gravemap tool displaying graves with coordinates in Wikidata and if a grave has a picture se graves.wiki
- Wikimedia Alignment Project - an active project on WeRelate. Over 31,500 WeRelate Person pages are tagged with their corresponding Wikidata ID. Seeks to improve both the content of WeRelate AND Wikidata. About 9,000 new Wikidata genealogy claims have been created since May 2017 - on the basis of the WeRelate tree. The python script which performs the WeRelate/Wikidata comparison is available from github.
- Civil registries ( ):
- Social Security Applications and Claims Index (Q21695318)
- Social Security Death Index (Q2296741)
- United States World War II draft registration (Q21072145)
- United States World War I draft registration (Q21071964)
Types of references
- Vital records (can be qualified via type of reference (P3865)):
- list of genealogical tables from BLKÖ with key persons in other databases
- subjects of BLKÖ by number of living descendants
Maintenance reports / error tracking
The following errors need to be corrected:
- Wikidata:Database reports/items with P569 greater than P570 People who died before they were born.
- Wikidata:Database reports/unmarked supercentenarians People over 120 years old.
- Category:Merge candidates Potential doppelgangers
- As of 20200528182033, Wikidata has 7695386 items about humans.