A lot is happening around Wikidata. Weekly summaries are posted to this page and on the Wikidata mailing list. You can also subscribe to the on-wiki newsletter to have them delivered to your talk page.
You can contribute to the next edition at Wikidata:Status updates/Next.
Last status update
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2015-04-25.
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- The question that started Wikidata has finally been answered! Thank you Markus! ;-)
- Wikimedia Sverige adapted two brochures about Wikidata, one for GLAMs and one for researchers.
- Bene* has been working on making Wikidata work nicely on mobile. You can check the current status on a demo system.
- Amir could use your help with automatic transliteration of human names
- Commons-WD: a tool to edit Wikidata based on a Commons category
- Various improvements to the Primary Sources Tool including:
- Edits made with it will now say so in the edit summary
- It now uses the URL blacklist to not suggest low-quality references
- Caching issues were fixed
Did you know?
- Newest properties: Kiev street code, blood type, Perry Index, input set, SSR Name ID, SSR WrittenForm ID, INPN Code, Nasjonalbiblioteket photographer ID, distribution map, anti-virus alias, HathiTrust id, common name, Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online identifier, Swedish district code, investigated by, US Federal Election Commission identifier, PSS-archi ID, Gaoloumi ID, draft pick number, GrassBase ID, electorate, owner of, Roud Folk Song Index, IPI Code, ISWC
- There are a number of user boxes you can add to your user page to indicate interests and which wiki projects you belong to.
- On Tuesday, we are deploying usage tracking (no arbitrary access yet) to Dutch Wikipedia and French Wikisource, and subscription tracking on Wikidata. There should be no noticeable changes for users. These are necessary steps towards enabling arbitrary access in clients.
- Worked on making language fallback work in the suggester (when adding a new statement or searching for an item)
- More work on RDF output and the query service
- Added Special:RedirectEntity for redirecting items
- Investigated and working to fix JS bug on items with “invalid” values (phabricator:92975)
- Did work towards having entity ids in revision histories and in diffs linked with their label (like on watchlists or in the recentchanges)
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here.
- Hack on one of these.
- Help fix these items which have been flagged using Wikidata - The Game.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
- Help translate or proofread pages in your own language!
- Add labels, in your own language, for the new properties listed above.
Anything to add? Please share! :)