Wikidata:Status updates/2021 12 06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2021-12-06.
- Gender diversity in Wikipedia articles: evidence from some selected academic disciplines in the English Wikipedia
- Bringing together journalists, the public, and Wikidata to understand our world
- Gender diversity in Wikipedia articles: evidence from some selected academic disciplines in Wikipedia in French
- Reflection on filling a new Wikidata item by Addshore
- "Knowledge Based Multilingual Language Model" Using the Wikidata to build the language models that not only memorize the factual knowledge but also learn useful logical patterns. (Liu et al, 2021)
- Summary of Transbordados, the pre-WikidataCon conference organized by Wiki Movimento Brasil (in Brazilian Portuguese)
Tool of the week
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Wikimedia Deutschland is running a survey to evaluate Wikibase Installation and Updating experience for users. Please answer a few questions so we can continue to identify areas of improvement for users. Survey links
- The new Wikimedia Research Fund is live now. It can fund research projects related to Wikidata.
Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: specific impulse by weight
- External identifiers: FRACS Find a Surgeon profile ID, Databáze her ID, 7 Days person ID, OùVoir.Ça ID, Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience Knowledge Hub ID, SensCritique work ID, Snob.ru author ID, IRIS POLIBA author ID, Re.Public@Polimi author ID, PORTO@Iris author ID, IRIS UNIVPM author ID, Sceneweb organization ID, Web Encyclopedia of Kyiv ID, allplayers.in.ua player ID, Apple Music track ID, AbeBooks ID, Australian Statistical Geography 2021 ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: Harvard Art Museums ID, GISAID identifier, Nextstrain identifier, homophone lexeme, Numista, Numista coin ID, lieu de disparition
- External identifiers: Lib.ru author ID, politika-crimea.ru person ID, Institute of the History of Ukraine scientist ID, centrasia.org person ID, Music of Armenia ID, Encyclopedia of Transbaikalia ID, Lingua Libre ID, Express Gazeta person ID, bards.ru person ID, PGM author ID, Deutsches Zeitungsportal ID, Index of Middle English Verse ID, ICCROM authority ID, New Index of Middle English Verse ID, Digital Index of Middle English Verse ID, Repertorium Biblicum Medii Aevi ID, ThENC@ thesis ID, Baidu Baike LemmaID, Indonesian College Code, Enciclopedia d'arte italiana ID, Museum of the Great Patriotic War encyclopedia ID, iTunes genre, CYT, Folketinget actor ID, Ruskino film ID, Ruskino actor ID, Pandora album ID, Pandora track ID, Swiss National Library ID, Original Esperanto Literature author ID, Athens Academy authority ID
- Query examples:
- List of laureates of the women's Ballon d'or (source)
- List of people born in Cook Islands (source)
- Wordcloud articles without statements of MyLang Wikipedia (switch to "Table" view to list, at left border of screen)
- Artworks picturing snow (source)
- Graph of football players who died per year (source)
- Things depicted in art works of the Khalili Collections (source)
- People represented on the painting "Le Sacre de Napoléon" from 1804 by Jacques-Louis David (source)
- German cities whose names are also verbs (using Lexemes) (source)
- Railway stations in the Baltics (source, see the full thread for more queries)
- Mismatch Finder: Continued polishing for the first version. Improving the texts and adding loading state. Incorporating feedback from testing.
- Continued migrating our on-wiki Vue apps to support the new Vue.createMwApp compatibility layer in MediaWiki core (phab:T294465)
- Continued work on making it possible to define a custom ordering of grammatical features on Lexemes (phab:T232557)
- Finished work on small tool to show Items recently edited by several accounts to surface current events.
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
- Add labels, in your own language(s), for the new properties listed above.
- Comment on property proposals: all open proposals
- Contribute to a Showcase item.
- Help translate or proofread the interface and documentation pages, in your own language!
- Help merge identical items across Wikimedia projects.
- Help write the next summary!