Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2018-12-10.
- Open request for adminship:
- Closed request for adminship:
- New request for comments:
- Closed request for comments:
- Past: SWAT4HCLS in Antwerp Belgium December 3:
- Past: Workshop "Wikidata - what is that and why it's relevant in the field of geospatial information technologies?"? at Latvia's Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) conference (slides)
- "Detailed depictions with IIIF, Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons" by Martin Poulter, Bodleian Digital Library blog
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- iD, the default OSM editor at openstreetmap.org has recently had an update which pulls data from Wikidata.
- WikidataCon 2019, the conference for open data enthusiasts, will take place on 25-26 October 2019 in Berlin
- New passwords requirements will apply on all wikis to new accounts and privileged accounts starting on December 13th
- New grant request by MySociety: Wikidata post-election updating toolkit
Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: award rationale, heat treating, copyright status, level of description
- External identifiers: SEINet ID, LIGA profile, BIBSYS work ID, UK Parliament identifier, Jewish Museum Berlin person ID, Vesti.kz person ID, Genius album ID, Genius song ID, TASS reference, OpenTrials ID, NooSFere story ID, DIR3 ID, L'Encyclopédie philosophique ID, TrENSmissions person ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: creator, WordLift ID, Specific age inside fictional universe, type of rear suspensions, type of front suspensions, ride height, approach angle, departure angle, Drag coefficient, related category, SinemaTürk person ID, SinemaTürk film ID, Nombre annuel de passagers
- External identifiers: BDEL ID, ZVR, NARA record group number, MMLO, IEC database ID commemorative monument of Catalonia, Meteorological Service of Canada climate ID, PomBase systematic ID, Volksbund ID, iTunes music movie ID, Paris Musées ID, Beachsoccer.ru player ID, BSRussia player ID
- Deleted properties:
- Query examples:
- Newest WikiProjects:
- Newest database reports:
- Showcase items:
- We are now showing the language name instead of the language code of a Gloss (phabricator:T203457, phabricator:T209931)
- We added a Page property for easier programmatic access to the number of Senses and Forms of a Lexeme (phabricator:T199611)
- The code samples in the query service have been improved (phabricator:T207749, thanks abian!)
- We're working on tracking how often the different Lua functions that Wikibase provides are used in the Wikimedia project to see how that changes over time (phabricator:T191416)
- We worked on and fixed a security incident related to blocking (phabricator:T210953)
- We are continuing to bring the termbox (showing labels, descriptions, aliases) to mobile viewers
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
- Add labels, in your own language(s), for the new properties listed above.
- Comment on property proposals: all open proposals
- Suggested and open tasks!
- Contribute to a Showcase item.
- Help translate or proofread the interface and documentation pages, in your own language!
- Help merge identical items across Wikimedia projects.
- Help write the next summary!
Anything to add? Please share! :)