Wikidata:Status updates/2018 08 06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2018-08-06.
- Past: State of the Map, the OpenStreetMap equivalent of Wikimania, was held in Milan from 28-30 July. There were two meetups on interactions between Wikimedia and OSM, and Wikidata was mentioned in several sessions, including:
- Incoming: Wikidata workshop in Harvard University, MA, USA, on August 8th
- Machine-Generated Knowledge Bases - harvesting tuples from news and scholarly corpora and releasing them as open data
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Wikibase quality constraints are now loaded into the Query Service and can be queried. Queries on property talk pages have been adapted.
- Wikidata Toolkit 0.9 has been released
- A list of Wikidata-related activities for coursework has been started at d:Wikidata:Wikidata curricula/Activities
- We now have more than 10,000 Lexemes in Wikidata
- A challenge about months of the year is running, you can create Lexemes with the ones in your language
Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: derived from form, schematic, passive voice, registration district, expressed in, coefficient of friction, number of arrests, invasive to, microstructure, normalized Unicode character, number of works accessible online, Poisson's ratio, moisture absorption, number of platform faces, relative humidity
- External identifiers: Auteurs en Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes ID, Eulalie ID, RedTube ID, Paris Faculty of Science professor ID, Literature Ireland ID, Livre et lecture en Bretagne ID, Paris Faculty of Letters professor ID (1909-1939), Paris Faculty of Letters professor ID (1809-1908), College de France professor ID (1909-1939), CICLIC author ID, INEPAC ID, La Vie des idées ID, Courrier international topic ID, CNRS ID, IDIH ID, Courrier international source ID, KLEKs ID, Interbibly author ID, Le Monde ID, MUSE journal ID, Institut culturel de Bretagne ID, Tebeosfera ID, CSDE Lynching Database ID, CRAN project, RubyGems gem, National Research Institute for Cultural Properties dead artist ID, Python Package Index project, Tebeosfera character ID, NooSFere author ID, NooSFere book ID, archINFORM ID (locations), CAGE code, EDb company ID, Indian census area code (2011), flight-report.com Airline identifier, Norwegian National Road DataBase ID, NATO Stock Number, QS World University ID, SMS Power identifier, Times Higher Education World University ID, Libris-URI, oric.org identifier, Artcyclopedia artist ID, Places of Worship Inventory ID, P5599
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: value is inherited from, Guss, Countries with high prevalence, chieseitaliane ID, legal status, Match Score, topic's subcategory, Covered by, Alexander–Briggs notation
- External identifiers: U-Multirank University ID, Trove newspaper ID, Belvedere object ID, Aosdána ID, Chercheurs d'Asie ID, Evene ID, OpenMath ID, GLAMOS ID, Swimsuit ID, archINFORM ID (Schlagwörter), CMI ID, Featured Biographies ID, CNT ID, Comédie-Française ID, DOLF ID, Marvel character ID, FFF character ID, FFF author ID, National Cartoonists Society ID, Number World ID, legabasket.it coach ID, Black Ferns ID, WSO Online ID, IEEE standard, ITU-T Recommendation, ITU-R Recommendation, LOA ID, Bibliothèque de la Pléiade ID, Global Invasive Species Database ID, iTunes music video ID
- Query examples:
- Allow to show incoming links on the graph explorer dialog on WDQS (phab:T197778)
- Fulltext search for Lexemes and Forms (only in Lexeme namespace) has been merged (phab:T196188)
- We are now collecting click data when completion search on Wikidata is used (phab:T196186) which would serve us to improve search relevancy
- Fix a lot of issues with our test system (phab:T200693)
- Disallow merging of items that link to each other in references and qualifiers (phab:T119614)
- More work on merging Lexemes (phab:T200884)
- Provide useful HTML title for Lexemes (phab:T195386)
- Improve the validation and error message when a label, description or alias is too long (phab:T145932, phab:T200780)
- Expose constraint violations to WDQS (phab:T192567)
- Add the possibility to download result of a query from the embed mode (phab:T176797)
- Get persistent editing of Senses done (phab:T196270) (you can try it now on the beta system)
- Work on edit summary of Senses (phab:T196290)
- Work on diffs of Senses (phab:T196289)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
- Add labels, in your own language(s), for the new properties listed above.
- Comment on property proposals: all open proposals
- Suggested and open tasks!
- Contribute to a Showcase item.
- Help translate or proofread the interface and documentation pages, in your own language!
- Help merge identical items across Wikimedia projects.
- Help write the next summary!