Wikidata:Status updates/2014 12 20
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-12-20.
- Welcome Freebase!
- Wikidata for Research – presenting the team and a first sketch of the workplan
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- New features! Language fallbacks, property data type and performance improvements
- New tree of life based on Wikidata data
Did you know?
- Newest properties: subproperty of, mandatory qualifier, NIST/CODATA ID, EgliseInfo ID
- Newest WikiProjects: Freebase, Sled dog racing
- Showcase items: lion (Q140)
- Happy holidays from the dev team, everyone :)
- Enabled other projects sidebar feature as default on Italian Wikipedia
- Deployed new code to Wikidata, including performance improvements, language fallback, and property data type
- Fixed some small issues that popped up after deployment
- Ongoing work on performance improvements (batched label lookup)
- Finished tree of life
- Some more work on support for units
- Closed/checked even more ‘testme’ bugs on Phabricator
- Wikidata Query has gotten a number of stability fixes. To increase availability and performance we now have multiple instances of it with a load balancer in front of it.
- The data for the entity suggester has been updated. Suggestions when adding new statements should be even better now.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Hack on one of these.
- Help fix these items which have been flagged using Wikidata - The Game.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)