Wikidata:Status updates/2014 06 07
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-06-07.
- Magnus writes about how the Wikidata Game has developed over two weeks
- Le Monde uses data from Wikidata for some interesting reserach
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- User:Thepwnco is working on some Wikidata:Tours during for a FOSS project
- Magnus added two new games (one to add images and another on to add date of birth/death to people)
- Sometimes players of Wikidata the Game come across issues with items and flag them for further review. Help us by looking into them and fixing issues.
- A handbook about Wikidata and authority control data has been published (in German)
Did you know?
- Lucie joins the dev team as a working student to support the team with bug triage, research and much more. Welcome, Lucie!
- Did a lot of cleanup in Wikibase.git
- Did a very useful session with thePHPcc to talk about code quality and related things
- Released DataValues Time 0.6
- Added time support to QueryEngine
- Released Wikibase DataModel 0.8
- Worked on the way deleted items are formatted (= shown on other items)
- Released ValueView 0.6, which includes refactoring of the entity suggester code, bug fixes.
- Fixed issue with entering strings (newline character sometimes got added and then cause api error)
- Fixed bug 64658 (date adjustment dialogue doesn't show up on Firefox with Monobook skin)
- Fixed bug 64887 (issue with display of globecoordinate when precision does not match predefined precisions)
- More work on redirects
- More work on the user interface for the monolingual text data type
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the academic degree (P512) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help fix these items which has been flagged using Wikidata - The Game.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)