Wikidata:Status updates/2014 03 21
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-03-21.
- Cambridge revisited II documents how you can query Wikidata and put the results on a map.
- Cambridge revisited V shows that maps have popups with texts generated on Wikidata statements and labels.
- The architecture of the Wikimedia storage of the meta data of media files discusses that integration of Commons is a subset of what we can achieve when we consider the whole of media files.
- Spaghetti Open Data, Bologna. March 28th - 30th
- GLAM Treffen, Bremen. March 29th - 30th
Did you know?
- Newest properties: Riksdagen person-id
- Continued making the UI faster
- Fixed Wikidata changes not showing up in the watchlist on the client (Wikipedia, etc.) (bugzilla:62149)
- Decided to turn off the inoperable wikidata.org language subdomains for now to reduce confusion
- Created initial version of Wikibase Internal Serialization component
- Ongoing refactoring to get rid of the previously used numeric ID numbers in favor of prefixed IDs
- Made wbsearchentities aware of previously unquoted percent characters
- Put some time into fixing longstanding oddities that made the developers cry from time to time
- Worked on reducing internal usage of EntityContent, in preparation for redirect support
- Worked on performance issues with JSON dump generation (hopefully we can start generating dumps soon)
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the original language (P364) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)