Wikidata:Status updates/2014 03 07
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-03-07.
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Wikiquote will get language links via Wikidata on April 8th. Coordination is happening at d:Wikidata:Wikiquote.
Did you know?
- Newest properties: portal's main topic, Finnish municipality number, carries scientific instrument, upper stage booster, river basin category, mode of inheritance
- Added more details to the diffs of time and geocoordinate values (will show which globe the coordinate is on and so on now as well)
- More work on badges by Bene* - most work left is now in the GUI part of it
- Removed unneeded and unused permissions/rights
- Fixed a bug concerning spaces in quantities (bugzilla:61911)
- Started work on taking ranks into account for queries, the property parser function and Lua. (By default only preferred values should be used if available. If not available then it should use values with rank normal.)
- test2.wikipedia.org and test.wikipedia.org now use test.wikidata.org as their data repository, instead of wikidata.org
- Started work on WikibaseInternalSerialization component
- Released Wikibase DataModel 0.7 - https://github.com/wmde/WikibaseDataModel/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES.md
- Added indexes to Wikibase QueryEngine
- Improved SQLite support in Wikibase Database
- Started moving virtual machine instances of various test systems to the new Wikimedia Datacenter
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the sport (P641) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)