Wikidata:Status updates/2014 03 28
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-03-28.
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Summary: The summaries will now be sent out on Saturday as opposed to Friday.
- WMDE is looking for an intern or working student to work on Wikidata
Did you know?
- Newest properties: astronomical filter, National Archives specific records type ID, National Archives topical subject ID, National Archives geographic ID, National Archives organization ID, National Archives person ID, compressor type, Internet Broadway Database person ID, Internet Broadway Database show ID, Internet Broadway Database production ID, Internet Broadway Database venue ID, English Heritage list number, apparent magnitude
- Newest task forces: Heraldry task force
- Reduced page load time significantly once again. Page load time was cut to roughly 2/3. For now we’re happy with the resulting page load times. We’ll start concentrating on other areas of the user interface now.
- Fixed faulty selection handling when adding a property using the keyboard (bugzilla:62868)
- Worked on fixing issues with handling of spaces in quantities (bugzilla:62567)
- Fixed miscount of Wikidata changes on the client watchlist (bugzilla:45812)
- Wrote new browser tests for special pages using the Cucumber and Selenium frameworks
- Improved error formatting, localisation and handling. We will work on error message wording next to make them more understandable.
- Worked on the code which propagates page moves from the clients into Wikidata as a preparation for allowing page deletions to appear on Wikidata
- Made the Wikibase extension work with the new “Compact language links” Beta feature and a bit more independent from the UniversalLanguageSelector in general
- The student team working on the entity suggester has finished the first version of it. The code is being reviewed now and is hopefully ready for deployment soon. Once it is deployed it will show you what new properties you could add to an item.
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the original language (P364) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)