Wikidata:Status updates/2016 10 15
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2016-10-15.
- Upcoming: Connected Data London meetup with Navino Evans
- Upcoming: Andy Mabbett & Liam Wyatt speaking about GLAM-Wiki (including Wikidata) at Muzeum Cyfrowe in Warsaw, 19 October.
- Upcoming: Andy Mabbett speaking about Wikidata & running a GLAM-Wiki workshop at SFK 16 ("Software Freedom Kosova Conference") in Pristina, 21-23 October.
- Past: CCBWIKI
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- World Spider Catalog has been added to Mix'n'match
- Mix’n’match can now limit auto-matches to instances of a specific item and its subclasses
- Sitelinks for the new Livvi-Karelian Wikipedia (olowiki) can be added
- There is now a "userbox" for Wikidatans wishing to mark Wikidata's fourth birthday on their user pages
- myMuseum was created at the hack4heritage hackathon and won a prize
Did you know?
- Newest properties: DRÚSOP ID, code, encoding, BALaT image ID, DocCheck Flexikon De ID, DocCheck Flexikon En ID, biography at the Landtag of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Cellosaurus ID, World Spider Catalog ID, Squash Info ID, MSC ID, Yahoo! Japan Talent Database ID, Bandcamp artist ID, French National Assembly Lobbyist ID, BanQ author ID, statistical leader, Sandbox-Monolingual text II
- Query examples:
- first Nobel Prize winner who was born after Alfred Nobel’s death (source)
- streets in Paris named after doctors (source)
- international land tripoints (source)
- national flags depicting stars or constellations (source)
- national flags with inscriptions (source)
- people who died the furthest away from where they were born (source)
- closest pairs of capitals (of UN member states, <500km) (source)
- people who received military decorations from two different countries (source)
- volcanoes and earthquakes (source)
- height/width ratios of paintings (source)
- birthplaces of Members of the European Parliament (source)
- birthplaces of US Senators (source)
- New template: d:Template:Poland properties. Please add labels in your own languages, and consider making a similar template for your country or region.
- Worked further on automatic linking of pages between Wiktionary language editions
- Worked further on making it possible to use Wikidata's items and properties to describe files on Commons
- Reviewed error messages and made them easier to understand
- Added tooltips in some places in the UI to make them more understandable (e.g. ranks, special values)
- Made the loading animation clearer in embedded query results (phabricator:T148042)
- Making it possible to paste the full URL of an image on Commons into image properties (phabricator:T147917)
- Worked on a small birthday present
- Fixed run button not being reenabled after some queries (phabricator:T147114)
- More work on better parser function and Lua functions that return formatted values (phabricator:T142940)
- Undoing the last edit to an item will now show a undo summary, not a restore one (phabricator:T147631) Thanks Matěj!
- Lule Sami and Pite Sami are now supported languages in Wikidata (phabricator:T146707)
- Brainstormed about how to make it easier to write queries without knowing SPARQL
- Fixed a bug with spaces in language codes in queries (phabricator:T147729)
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
- Help translate or proofread pages in your own language!
- Help merge identical items across Wikimedia projects.
- Add labels, in your own language(s), for the new properties listed above.
- Comment on property proposals: all open proposals - proposals needing attention
Anything to add? Please share! :)