Wikidata:Status updates/2014 02 14
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-02-14.
- By hovering over a wikilink you will see the first paragraph.
- The "personal settings" allow you to import your Babel info from Wikidata. This can be used to restrict the random items you will get.
- The first iteration of "on the fly" text generation for English. It works for "humans" and, is completely based on the available Wikidata information.
- You can now add labels in your language from within Reasonator. Technically oAuth is used. It now takes just one click to add a label in your language.
Did you know?
- Wrote performance tests so we can track performance improvements better
- Did a code review of all gadgets that are enabled by default in Wikidata. Found and fixed a performance bottleneck.
- Work on making the interface more responsive, e. g. live preview when editing labels and updating the watchlist star when saving.
- Started refactoring and fixing issues with automatically created summaries that are, for example, created by bots via API calls.
- Fixed an issue with OAuth on Wikidata because of permissions
- Started code review of the code the student team is working on for suggestions
- Discussed updates to the data model document to be able to update it to the actual implementation
- Did a technical debt analysis and design review of Wikibase.git, with initial focus on WikibaseLib
- Got (backend) EntityStore on the way, so we can test API modules without touching the database
- Further work on TimeParsers move to the backend
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the belongs to jurisdiction (P1001) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)