Please remember to update Wikidata:List of administrators, Wikidata:Administrators by language/Table (if possible), Template:CurrentAdmins, Template:AdminsChart and MediaWiki:Gadget-markAdmins.js every time you promote a new admin. Thank you very much. Vogone talk 13:20, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I actually remember this, but not always have time to fill in the info right after the promotion. Thanks for reminding anyway.--Ymblanter (talk) 13:22, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
Deletion Of Q104822142.
Hello Dear Admin, I Created (Zeyan Shafiq) page on wikipedia. i had started exploring wikidata, so i found a wikidata article for the same(Q104822142) which was deleted by you. it was requested by a Disruptive editing user(Autobot312), it seems like a fake account made to vandalise the articles as you can check he has done it multiple times, he has deleted, blanked the page many times which was reverted back by another editor. i have written all the data myself there, you have completely deleted the page, you should have moved it to draft page so that i can make more improvements if it was incorrect. i request you to kindly restore the page, all the notability references are on wikipedia(Zeyan Shafiq).Hums4r (talk) 20:43, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- We have a policy, Wikidata:Notability. Could you please explain which criterion the deleted item satisfies.--Ymblanter (talk) 21:39, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Ymblanter: thanks for the reply admin, as mentioned, wikidata has its two main goals for notability, should have a page to any other wiki project
(Zeyan Shafiq) has a article on wikipedia. and this data can be described using serious and publicly available references which are all mentioned on the wikipedia page in references, dear admin i am new to wikidata so i don't have enough knowledge but this wikidata item was automatically created and i just added information and data to improve it further, i work on kashmir topics, you can check i research about all the items, if i find anything not notable i post it for deletion, but everything i added to this data was completely sourced, i have put references of each thing, i request you to kindly undelete the page so as it may serve as information. even you can check the data that i have put in this(Q104822142), if there is anything incorrect give me a chance to improve but deleting it directly just spoils my hard work. thanks admin Hums4r (talk) 21:51, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- Could you please give a reference to the Wikipedia article.--Ymblanter (talk) 21:52, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Ymblanter:, Surely admin, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeyan_Shafiq) this article was created by me on wiki,later i was suggested by admins to not work on creating articles since i was new, so i started exploring other wiki projects like wiki media and wiki data to improve kashmir's topics on wiki projects.Hums4r (talk) 21:56, 18 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Ymblanter:, Extremely grateful dear admin, thanks for helping out. also a request to you, while i was researching on wiki data pages, i found out many kashmiri with wikidata pages, i tried to research on them but i found out nothing at all, no notable source, also looks like promotional to me. also checked that they have done it multiple times in past and also they are making the pages everyday, kind of spamming i guess. kindly have a look if you feel like something is wrong,(I might be wrong,forgive me for that, but i just think they are not notable).
Два элемента по одной теме
Здравствуйте, Ymblanter. В Викиданных есть форум, на который можно обращаться с подобной проблемой? Пока решил обратиться к Вам. Элементы Q48834311 и Q99693681 на одну тематику. Вот только первый создан раньше, но практически пустой, кроме одного идентификатора, а второй создан позже, но имеет больше утверждений и идентификаторов. Я перенёс ссылку итальянской Википедии из первого элемента во второй, и первый теперь, по сути, не имеет смысла. Ещё у меня также вопрос: почему я не могу добавить итальянское название и описание, я должен обладать какими-то правами на это, или должен поменять язык в настройках? — Владлен Манилов (talk) 12:54, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- Я объединил два элемента. Подходящий форум - Wikidata:Project Chat. Да, Вы видите только те языки, которые у Вас прописаны в meta:babel. Я установел себе гаджет label lister, он позволяет добавлять описания на любых языках.--Ymblanter (talk) 14:15, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
Links to redirects (again)
Hi, I found your close of the Wikidata links to redirects RFC from a few years ago and would like to discuss if anything has progressed since then. I'm not sure if you're aware, but there is currently a big push to delete many (possibly thousands) articles on borderline notable sportspeople who meet a NSPORTS SNG notability requirement (attended an Olympic Games, played professional football, cricket etc) but who don't meet the GNG. I am against this, but it seems like it is a lost battle.
This week one of those articles was deleted. I recreated it as a redirect to the team's historical list of players, but couldn't recreate the Wikidata link. Q22280175 to be specific, but there will soon be a lot more of these.
In 2018 when the links discussion was held, was there widespread use of the redirect templates, like R from member or R from shortname? Could it be possible to create a list of which of these templates allows for a Wikidata link (like member of group), and which don't (like spelling errors, capitalisation etc). Ping User:Lydia_Pintscher_(WMDE). The-Pope (talk) 04:11, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
- I am sorry but I do not have any specific knowledge of the issue. Asking at Project Chat would be more efficient.--Ymblanter (talk) 05:49, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello Ymblanter, can you delete thes pages:
Why I can't Create item with Brandon See Name?
- I do not know. May be the item does not meet our notability criteria?--Ymblanter (talk) 18:59, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
- (This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: LTA M4
Language:) This message show when we create item with this title, please check this and solve2401:4900:4638:BB7C:C441:26E4:B983:820B 19:03, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
Call for participation in the interview study with Wikidata editors
I hope you are doing good,
I am Kholoud, a researcher at the King’s College London, and I work on a project as part of my PhD research that develops a personalized recommendation system to suggest Wikidata items for the editors based on their interests and preferences. I am collaborating on this project with Elena Simperl and Miaojing Shi.
I would love to talk with you to know about your current ways to choose the items you work on in Wikidata and understand the factors that might influence such a decision. Your cooperation will give us valuable insights into building a recommender system that can help improve your editing experience.
Participation is completely voluntary. You have the option to withdraw at any time. Your data will be processed under the terms of UK data protection law (including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018). The information and data that you provide will remain confidential; it will only be stored on the password-protected computer of the researchers. We will use the results anonymized (?) to provide insights into the practices of the editors in item selection processes for editing and publish the results of the study to a research venue. If you decide to take part, we will ask you to sign a consent form, and you will be given a copy of this consent form to keep.
If you’re interested in participating and have 15-20 minutes to chat (I promise to keep the time!), please either contact me on email@example.com or use this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmmFHaiB20nK14wrQJgfrA18PtmdagyeRib3xGtvzkdn3Lgw/viewform?usp=sf_link with your choice of the times that work for you.
I’ll follow up with you to figure out what method is the best way for us to connect.
Please contact me using the email mentioned above if you have any questions or require more information about this project.
Thank you for considering taking part in this research.
there were new pages, even very PSYCHO-tic, see this Category:Wikidata:Deletion all caught myself, DEL'EM'ALL!!!
НТЗ для крымских объектов
Добрый день. Не знаю к кому обращаться по поводу проблем на ВикиДанных, поэтому напишу Вам. Участник Infovarius сделал у крымских объектов приоритет России выше Украины. Тем самым нарушив НТЗ в статьях различных вики-проектов. Я написал ему на странице обсуждения, но проблему он, видимо, исправлять не собирается. Что делать в таком случае? --Mitte27 (talk) 09:38, 8 June 2021 (UTC)