User talk:Mike Peel
Hotkey for Wikidata Infobox in edit window
Hi, Mike Peel. I thought I'd let you know that I requested a hotkey for easy insertion of the Wikidata Infobox template on Commons and it has been implemented. To me it is an improvement and I think it will be useful for others as well. The hotkey only shows up in Category pages, I believe, which is of course appropriate. Greetings, Eissink (talk) 09:31, 16 May 2020 (UTC).
Matching existing wikidata objects with unconnected articles
in the last days wikidata objects for humans have been created, which currently only contain the name and the GND, see:
- User_talk:MrProperLawAndOrder#Mathilde_Welcker_(Q94753027)_and_Mathilde_Welcker_(Q94753026)_are_identical (especially these comments)
- Will it be possible for Pi bot to match articles, which will be created in the future to these existing objects? Or does this now have to be done manually (as for example with all articles, which have been created in the user namespace and have been moved to the article namespace lateron or added information like categories, infoboxes, templates, ... at a later point in time, ...).
- Which are the criteria for Pi bot to decide, if an object and an article describe the same person (name + date/year of birth + optional date/year of death?).
- Is it possible to match objects and articles based on various IDs, like VIAF, GND, IMDb, LCCN, Transfermarkt, Weltfussball, ... which are included in the articles (and the objects)?
- @M2k~dewiki: The script that creates new items for humans:
- Runs a search for the person's name
- skips cases where more than 5 matches are found
- excludes matches that already have a sitelink
- skips cases where it finds a potential match without a birth date
- excludes matches with a birth date is more than 3 years different
- adds the sitelink if the birth year matches
- only if there are no remaining matches, then it creates a new item
- In this case, I think the script will stop at #4, since the newly created items don't have birth dates in them - those cases will have to be manually resolved.
- I do have other scripts that add sitelinks based on identifiers, but they were only written for importing commons category sitelinks based on IDs on Commons. I could try repurposing these to look through identifiers in Wikipedias, but there would have to be a straightforward way to find the cases where the article doesn't have a sitelink and has an identifier (e.g., a tracking category that contains articles with identifiers that don't have Wikidata items, or have identifiers that don't match Wikidata). Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 10:16, 24 May 2020 (UTC)
- GND is CC0 and has a linked data service from which the date of birth can be obtained. MrProperLawAndOrder (talk) 14:19, 24 May 2020 (UTC)