Wikidata talk:Main Page
|On this page, old discussions are archived. An overview of all archives can be found at this page's archive index. The current archive is located at 2017/12.|
This is the place where you can discuss the main page.
General project discussion takes place at Wikidata:Project chat.
Incorrect spelling of numbers for the April 27th & April 15th entries
The word twelveth is an archaic form of twelfth. The phrase eleventh-millionth plus one should be phrased as eleven-millionth-plus one. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) at 04:23, 30 April 2013 (UTC).
Million new items milestones spam
- +1 --Pasleim (talk) 11:54, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if the current growth will persist. Obviously, other things should be added as well.
--- Jura 07:32, 23 August 2017 (UTC)
- I agree that using new items as millstones isn't useful. I would prefer if we use editorship as the primary metric that we celebrate when it reaches new milestones. When https://stats.wikimedia.org/wikispecial/EN/TablesWikipediaWIKIDATA.htm#editor_activity_levels gives us 1500 editors per months with 100+ edits that might be a valid milestone to celebrate. ChristianKl (talk) 17:15, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Replace Special:Statistics with Wikidata:Statistics
- The special page itself (i.e. the content that is displayed on Special:Statistics) cannot be changed without a software change. Do you mean to replace a link? If so, from where? I don't see a link to Special:Statistics on the main page. --YMS (talk) 14:20, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
- There is a link to Special:Statistics in the header: "the free knowledge base with 40,672,261 data items that anyone can edit". In Wikidata:Statistics, the statistics on the right side ("What is in Wikidata?") are not up to date, but maybe this could be remedied? Korg (talk) 18:11, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
WEF: Person errors
Hello. I've been importing English Wikipedia articles that i've made with WEF:Person. However, at times when I try to import the articles into wikidata, I get an error that says Unable to update entity: [object Object]. Is there a reason why I keep coming across this error? Thanks --MrLinkinPark333 (talk) 23:15, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
- You should report this to the maintainer(s) of tool, with precise steps how to reproduce the problem. Matěj Suchánek (talk) 09:25, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
- It seems like Hydro already moved the sitelinks, but I've completed the merge the usual way. Use Wikidata:Project chat next time for questions, and consider making an account and reading Help:Merge for how to do it yourself. Sjoerd de Bruin (talk) 13:19, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
The same problem ist with de:Kategorie:Militärperson (Madagaskar) and en:Category:Malagasy military personnel 184.108.40.206 13:21, 7 November 2017 (UTC) The same problem with German de:Kategorie:Militärperson (Mongolei) and en:Category:Mongolian military personnel220.127.116.11 14:45, 7 November 2017 (UTC)