Help:Property constraints portal/Unique value
|This is the documentation page for a particular constraint type. See Help:Property constraints portal for a general overview of property constraints.|
distinct values constraint (Q21502410) specifies that values for this property should be unique across all of Wikidata, and no other item should have the same value in a statement for this property.
Properties with this constraint usually also have single value constraint (Q19474404).
If no constraint scope (P4680) is specified, this constraint is only checked on the main value of a statement.
There are several possible ways to address a violation of this constraint:
- It’s possible that the conflicting items are duplicates and should be merged.
- It’s possible that the property value is erroneous on one of the conflicting items (e. g. a typo, accidentally transposed digits, etc.) and should be fixed.
- It’s possible that the conflicting items are a rare, but legitimate exception to the constraint, and nothing should be done.
This constraint does not have any parameters.
|+ add value|
When the constraint is set to the property, the following template is automatically displayed in the property talk page. The template is created by Module:Constraints using Template:Constraint, invoked from Template:Property documentation. Translations are defined at Module:i18n/constraints.
Lists of properties which are set distinct values constraint.
- Category:Properties with single value constraints
- SPARQL query - click the execute button at the linked page to see the query result.