Help:Property constraints portal/Commons link
|This is the documentation page for a particular constraint type. See Help:Property constraints portal for a general overview of property constraints.|
Commons link constraint (Q21510852) specifies that values for a property should be valid names of existing pages on Wikimedia Commons within a certain specified namespace.
If no constraint scope (P4680) is specified, this constraint is checked everywhere.
There are several possible ways to address a violation of this constraint:
- It’s possible that the page on Commons was renamed, and the statement should be updated accordingly.
- It’s possible that the page on Commons was deleted, and the statement should be removed or replaced with a different page.
- It’s possible that the item is a rare, but legitimate exception to the constraint, and nothing should be done.
This constraint has one optional parameter:
- namespace (P2307)
- Contains the expected namespace on Commons (without trailing colon, e. g. “File”). If present, must contain exactly one value (no value Help or unknown value Help is not permitted). If not present, the default namespace is used, which is only suitable for Commons gallery (P935).
Setting for “File” namespace.
|+ add value|
Setting for “Category” namespace.
|+ add value|
When the constraint is set to the property, the following template is automatically displayed in the property talk page. The template is created by Module:Constraints using Template:Constraint, invoked from Template:Property documentation. Translations are defined at Module:i18n/constraints.
Lists of properties which are set Commons link constraint.
- Category:Properties with Commons link constraints
- SPARQL query - click the execute button at the linked page to see the query result.