Welcome to Wikidata, Husky!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- Hi Matěj. According to the guidelines you must make some 50 - 250 edits before your bot being approved. I've done that, and i've added a pause of 60 seconds between every edit. Unfortunately i couldn't find the 'proper speed' anywhere in the guidelines, so i just assumed Pywikibot would be able to get that from the API. Husky (talk) 13:04, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi Hay! A really cool idea with Wikidata Skim. I have a suggestion, which you can "take or leave" as we say here in the US: perhaps explain what "this property" and "is equal to this item" is...I'd love to be able to share this with a broader audience but most people won't understand how to use it. I'm a big supporter of writing "dummie's guides" so people who aren't knee deep in Wikidata or Wikimedia stuff can understand and use tools, too. Other than that, it's a cool tool! Thanks for making it. Missvain (talk) 15:58, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Missvain, sure. Do you have any suggestions on what i should put next to the labels? Husky (talk) 20:13, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
P & P
Hoi Hay, klein puzzeltochtje. Ga naar https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/linked_items.php , vul daar nl:Wikipedia:Wikiproject/Nederlandse parlementsleden/Totaaloverzicht in. Ga naar https://tools.wmflabs.org/autolist/ en plak daar het resultaat, zet de claim CLAIM, manual list AND, WDQ NOT. Run het. Dan krijg je een lijst van zo'n 790 items. Kan je eens kijken waarom de import bij deze items niet goed is gegaan? Wellicht je alsnog een poging kan wagen? Voorbeelden zijn Willem Drees (Q12769) en Albertus Zijlstra (Q14751704). Multichill (talk) 21:27, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Dag @Multichill:. Ik snap niet bij allemaal waar het door komt. Een groot deel is denk ik vrij simpel te verklaren, bv nl:Gerard_Nederhorst heeft geen Parlement.com ID in de Infobox. Bij anderen, zoals nl:Jan_Duijs snap ik het dan niet, maar ik zie ze in ieder geval niet staan bij de oorspronkelijke export die ik ooit heb gemaakt. Husky (talk) 21:40, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
Wrong point in time
Catalogus Professorum Academiae Groninganae
I've just posted this request and I was wondering if you could create a mapping between that database and National Thesaurus for Author Names ID (P1006). The DAI is listed on every entry of the Catalogus Professorum Academiae Groninganae. Can you do this and import them after the creation of the property? That will help a lot!
- Hey Sjoerd. Sounds awesome, but i don't really have the time right now. Maybe a nice task for Olaf? I get the feeling he might be up for it ;). Husky (talk) 23:05, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Height edit for Neil Fingleton
I just undid your edit (https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q3874300&type=revision&diff=555215402&oldid=554668368) that changed the units on a height property from millimetres to centimetres without altering the amount. Did you intend to do this? I'm pretty sure the guy isn't 76 feet tall; if you wanted this in centimetres instead of millimetres for some reason, please re-edit but also update the amount. Cheers :) shalstvedt (talk) 18:13, 14 September 2017 (UTC)