Wikidata turns six!
Wikidata went live on 29 October 2012. In late-October and early-November 2018, we organize a giant Wikidata birthday all around the world. All local communities are encouraged to organize their own events: meetups, workshops, trainings for newcomers, hackathons, conferences... By the end of October 2018, bring your local community, engage newcomers and celebrate the sixth birthday! Pictures, presents and information will be shared on social media with the hashtag #WikidataBirthday.
Events to come
Ideas of events
The main goal of the event is to share with your local community your enthusiasm about Wikidata. It doesn't have to be a big event, it can be just a meetup with your community.
Examples of events:
- Meetup in your town with your local community
- An introduction to Wikidata for beginners
- Hackathon to reuse data from Wikidata
- Translathon to improve the labels of Wikidata in your language
- Kick-off a Wikidata section in your user group
- Give an introduction to Wikidata to a local partner (university, library...)
Next steps for all organizers:
- As soon as you have a project, please add it on /Events. You should add at least the date, location or city, and a contact organizer. You can also add it to this item so it's integrated in the map.
- Next call for organizers who need support or have questions. This is the opportunity to chat with me, but also people from other local groups, about your ideas, your questions, your needs.
- Date: October 12th, 18:00 to 19:00 (UTC+2, Berlin time)
- Meeting link: Google Meet
- The deadline for requesting Wikidata swag was September 7th. After this date, we're not able to take new requests for swag.
You have a project of Wikidata birthday celebration, and you have some questions or ideas? Feel free to write on the talk page, or to contact me: Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (email@example.com).
Some content that can help you:
Here are the presents made by the community and the developers:
Add a present