About this board
Welcome to Wikidata, علاء!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Previous discussion was archived aton 2016-08-16.
Wikidata weekly summary #467
Share your IP Masking comments and suggestions
Alaa I hope you are well,
In line with global trends about user data collection and use, the Wikimedia Foundation will be masking IPs to protect user privacy but would also be building tools to ensure abuse mitigation on our wikis continue to function well in the absence of IP addresses. We would like to know, how will IP Masking impact you? Also which tools will you need to be able to effectively govern the projects in absence of IPs?