Wikidata:Sixth Birthday/Editathon in Oviedo
The WESO Research Group will organize a mini-conference about Wikidata focused on its application to Open Science. After, we will organize an editathon with the attendants.
29th of October.
- Who is invited to come?
Our target audience is composed by researchers from different fields (Computer Science, Biology, Medicine, History, Art...) from our local community, but everyone interested in the topic is welcomed.
- Do I need to have prior knowledge about Wikidata/editing?
No. The first part of our event will be an introduction to Wikidata. When the querying/editing part comes, you will be helped by a (voluntary) technician with experience in Wikidata if you need it.
- In which language?
The event is thought for the research community in the Region of Asturias, where Oviedo is placed. Then, the language used will be Spanish.
- Does the editathon have a specific topic?
Yes, but it is a quite open one. The central topic will be Asturias. We aim the attendants to edit Wikidata in order to increase or improve the available information about Asturias (history, culture, events, flora...). However, if any attendee has in mind a different type of information that may be interesting to include in Wikidata but it is not tightly linked with Asturias, it will be welcomed anyway and helped by our volunteers.
- Do I have to bring my own computer for the editathon?
It is not necessary, but it is your choice. We will have access to a laboratory full of computers for the editathon, but some people prefer to work on their own pc. We will provide free WiFi also.
This schedule may get slight changes before the event.
- 16:00 - 16:20. Speech by Jose Emilio Labra Gayo, teacher at the EII: "Wikidata y la web semántica".
- 16:15 - 16:45. Speech by Rubén Ojeda de la Roza, Program Coordinator at Wikimedia Spain: "Naturaleza de Wikidata y cómo encaja con el resto de proyectos de Wikimedia".
- 16:45 - 17:30. Speech by Daniel Fernández-Álvarez, teacher at the EII: "Modelo de datos de Wikidata y cómo se edita/consulta".
- 17:30 - 17:45. 15 minutes break (we will provide water and fruit).
- 17:45 - 19:50. Editathon.
- 19:50 - 20:00. Balance and closure.
Feel free to contact Daniel Fernández-Álvarez for any question or suggestion.