Wikidata:Property proposal/significant place
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Place
This could do to places what significant event (P793) and significant person (P3342) do to events and people. This would be the catch-all property one may use whenever a place is to be mentioned in relation to an item not itself situated at that place. home port (P504), location of final assembly (P1071), place served by transport hub (P931), location of first performance (P4647), medical evacuation to (P5248) and multiple other Wikidata property to indicate a location (Q18615777) would become de facto subproperty of (P1647) of the new property. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Thierry Caro (talk • contribs) at 20:56, August 4, 2019 (UTC).
- Support on the basis of the analogy alone. Mahir256 (talk) 16:25, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support both significant event (P793) and significant person (P3342) have been very useful to model complex relationships without needing to create a wide number of little used properties. Alexander Doria (talk) 18:30, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support potentially very useful; though often has part (P527) should be preferred. Jheald (talk) 20:33, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Sounds useful. Nomen ad hoc (talk) 21:00, 5 August 2019 (UTC).
- Support Oh yes. - PKM (talk) 06:29, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support And I agree with Jheald. ChristianKl ❪✉❫ 09:02, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Thierry Caro, Alexander Doria, Nomen ad hoc, Mahir256, PKM, ChristianKl: Done please make good use of it. --- Jura 18:22, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- Comment there is work location (P937). --Infovarius (talk) 09:12, 12 August 2019 (UTC)