- 2020-12-31: Lexeme L400000, for the Estonian (Q9072) word 'kirkalt', meaning 'bright', is created.
- 2020-12-30: "Ancient History Encyclopedia ID", property number nine-thousand, is created.
- On October 29th, we celebrate Wikidata's 8th birthday. You can have a look at the events organized by the community, the presents and messages.
- 2020-10-06 Item Q100000001, about the Franklin Early Childhood School in Australia, is created; since there was no Q100000000, this is the first 9-digit Q-number.
- 2020-05-18: Lexeme L300000, for the Lojban (Q36350) word '.ei', expressing obligation, is created.
- 2020-04-10: The ninety millionth item, about the galaxy "ZFOURGE UDS 19909", is created.
- 2020-03-21: "electron configuration", property number eight-thousand, is created.
As the world combats the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Wikidata has been extremely useful in collecting and modelling useful information related to COVID-19, from relevant research articles and clinical trials, to epidemiological statistics of various regions, to lexemes for words and phrases commonly associated with the pandemic, and much more. A lot of work from WikiProject COVID-19 goes into creating and maintaining these items, bolstering Wikidata's role as a helpful open resource in the pandemic.