Swedish biographical dictionary
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Person
The Dictionary of Swedish National Biography is a biographical dictionary that was first published in 1917. This dictionary is a general list, based on first-hand sources, of significant people and their achievements at various stages in the development of Swedish society.
The Dictionary of Swedish National Biography is part of Riksarkivet, the National Archives of Sweden, and its publication is financed by Government funding. 33 volumes have been published up to 2013. Each volume comprises 800 pages, and to date more than 9 000 family and individual biographies have been published, spanning some 25 000 pages and so making the Dictionary of Swedish National Biography one of the biggest reference works in the Nordic countries.
The Dictionary of Swedish National Biography is an outstanding aid for historians, sociologists, teachers, librarians, journalists, students, family and local researchers, etc.
- Support; copy edited. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 13:25, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- Support. Thryduulf (talk) 21:02, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- Support. --Edgars2007 (talk) 11:22, 24 September 2016 (UTC)
- Support. YULdigitalpreservation (talk) 12:22, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Salgo60, Pigsonthewing, Edgars2007, YULdigitalpreservation, Thryduulf: Done ChristianKl (talk) 12:03, 29 September 2016 (UTC)