Wikidata:Property proposal/OLAC video game genre vocabulary
OLAC video game genre vocabulary
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Authority control
A controlled vocabulary (Q1469824) for video game genres by Online Audiovisual Catalogers (Q28228226). I am following the examples of GAMECIP media format ID (P5371) and GAMECIP platform ID (P5379) because there are very few controlled vocabulary in the domain of video games at this state.
This vocabulary is used by librarians to describe video games. See also http://www.olacinc.org/video-game-vocabulary
The alignment with this vocabulary could help to organize and categorize video game items in a more precise way. I would like to create a mix'n'match catalog for this.
- Support Cwf97 (talk) 12:21, 4 January 2019 (EST)
- Support David (talk) 07:09, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support Fuzheado (talk) 21:40, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Deansfa (talk) 22:10, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nicereddy (talk) 18:59, 6 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support Macrike (talk) 12:44, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support Useful database for game terms. Sir Lothar (talk) 15:16, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support Definitely a good addition. Jean-Fred (talk) 12:10, 10 January 2019 (UTC)