Here's an overview of the different roles where you can volunteer during the event. Feel free to sign up for one or several shifts!
Note that only the attendees who completed the selection process can join as on-site volunteers. Some roles, such as documentation, can also be done remotely.
Overview of the volunteer roles
- Room angels: take care of a room during a certain slot, help speakers to set up, take care about timing
- Streaming babysitters: support the videostream team in a room during a certain slot
- Logistics crew: take care of setting up and tearing down the venue, the helpdesk, furnitures, signage...
- Documentation masters: support the attendees with documentation
- Jokers: are willing to support the orga team with any task, on a defined timeslot
- Query booth (self-organized session)
- Friendly space policy referents
Volunteer briefing meeting
In order to welcome you onsite, to meet with your coordinators and to get the necessary information related to your tasks, a volunteer meeting will take place on Thursday 24th in the venue. Although it is not mandatory, we strongly recommend you to attend, especially if you're a room angel or a streaming babysitter.
- Meeting point for logistic crew on Thursday: 15:00 at Urania Berlin (unloading the truck)
- General meeting briefing for all volunteers: Thursday 24th, at 16:00 at Urania Berlin
- Specific training for streaming babysitters: following the general meeting, at 17:00
- For people who couldn't attend on Thursday: please come at the registration desk on Friday 25th at 8:00 to get your documents and a short introduction.
All volunteers will get a T-shirt to be recognized among the participants. Tip: if you were already a volunteer during the 2017 conference, please bring your T-shirt, it's going to be exactly the same!