Wikidata:WikiProject India/Events/Indian Independence Day 2019
A Wikidata datathon will take place around India's 73rd independence day. You may join by adding your name in the #Participants section below (please read the hatnote at the top of that section), or suggest tasks to do in the #Tasks section below.
Each task has its own criteria associated with it; see the description of each task for more information.
Mainline task: monuments
In advance of the next Wiki Loves Monuments, let's add data on as many listed monuments as possible! These could be Archaeological Survey of India (Q632235) protected, state protected, municipality protected, or be listed under any other listing scheme present in India.
(This section, which focuses on ASI listed monuments, is largely transplanted from Wikidata:WikiProject Built heritage/ASI Monuments but modified slightly.)
Some tips for locating/creating items are as follows:
- Check this page to get the list of Monuments of National Importance.
- Try to find an existing page that may have the monument. There are a number of places that these may be located:
- Check the link on the list pages.
- Search Wikipedia for the name of the monument.
- Search Wikipedia for the town/city in which the monument is located. Sometimes monuments may be known by alternate names than those by which they are called by the ASI.
- Search Wikimedia Commons for the ASI Monument ID and check if there are any Wikipedia pages that link there.
- Search the ASI monuments list in Wikidata, to see if an item has already been created.
- If no Wikidata page exists, create it!
Wikidata items for ASI Monuments should have at least the following statements:
|instance of (P31)||(what kind of monument is it?)|
|country (P17)||India (Q668)|
|located in the administrative territorial entity (P131)||(this should be at least at the district level -- editors are encouraged to add sub-district level whenever possible)|
|coordinate location (P625)||reference url - http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/governance/culture_monuments |
(Click on autofill) Download this to get the coordinates. Check this and this file where you can find the coordinates.
|location (P276)||Location of the monument. Some of the places are very small and not on Wikipedia/Wikidata. Preferably, create an item for the place in Wikidata, if it is not present.|
|image (P18)||Look for images in Wikimedia Commons.|
|Commons category (P373)||Check Wikimedia Commons for categories.|
|heritage designation (P1435)||Monument of National Importance (Q17047615)/State Protected Monument (Q17047640)|
|ASI Monument ID (P1371)||should be the same as the ID on the Wikipedia list page|
A matrix of states and the completeness of their ASI monument lists is given below.
The initial states of both these tasks, derived from the "(label stats)" links given below in the hour preceding the datathon's start, are given in this spreadsheet. Progress on these tasks will be assessed relative to the state given in that spreadsheet.
We now have a number of India-related properties. Many of them are underused; let's use them!
- For each of the properties listed below, add values for these properties to various items on Wikidata. If they are tied to a website, please try to verify that the values are correct by going on the website and seeing if they are correct!
- For those properties with a (mix'n'match) link below, you could also add values for those properties using the catalog which was uploaded to mix'n'match.
- There are some properties whose values can be searched for elsewhere; a link to such a search form may be given as (source).
- If the property is mainly used on items for places, please also add coordinate location (P625) to the item as well! (You can see which items having a certain property lack coordinates with the (without coords) link; having coordinates is critical for the item to show up in some of the various query links below.)
- Next to the links noted above are even more links, these links about labels.
- The first link ("label stats") gives some statistics on the number/percentage of labels on those items with the property that are in a given Indian language (for instance, the number of labels in Bengali and the percentage of items with Bengali labels).
- The other links (with a language code) shows one of two things, depending on whether the property mainly applies to places.
- It may display a map showing items with labels in that language and without them. (In the top right of the map view is a box which, when moused over, allows you to toggle the display of each of those groups.)
- It may display a Tabernacle view with items that do not have a label in that language.
- In either case, you can use that view to identify items for which to add labels in your language—with Tabernacle, you can even add labels without leaving the page.
Quick label additions
You can add at least 41,004 labels in your language really quickly!
- There are ~6998 items for various calendar day of a given year (Q47150325)s (such as 15 August 2019 (Q57350450)).
- There are ~3258 items for various calendar month of a given year (Q47018478)s (such as August 2019 (Q47087603)).
- There are ~3028 items for various year BC (Q29964144)s (such as 44 BC (Q35261)).
- There are 1441 items for individual minutes within the day (more specifically, time of the day (Q1260524)s with time index (P4895)es, such as 05:30 (Q55811314)).
- There are ~15,000 items for various bilateral relation (Q15221623)s (such as India–Pakistan relations (Q349333)).
- There are 534 items for various international border (Q12413618)s (such as India–Pakistan border (Q2635466)).
- There are 2,298 items for various ambassadorial positions (such as Indian Ambassadors to Pakistan (Q24896068)).
- There are 3,776 items for various diplomatic mission (Q213283)s (such as High Commission of India, Islamabad (Q28130681)).
- There are 4,523 items for various olympic delegation (Q26213387)s (such as India at the 2018 Winter Olympics (Q46996098)).
- Atudu (talk) 02:19, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Bodhisattwa (talk) 10:52, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Rajeeb (talk) 15:16, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Cherishsantosh 11:28, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Raju Jangid (talk) 11:36, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- খাঁ শুভেন্দু Shuvendu (talk) 11:55, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sumitsurai (talk) 12:10, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Vikashegde (talk) 13:20, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- -J. Ansari Talk 14:12, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Faismeen (talk) 17:03, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sangappadyamani (talk) 17:24, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Gurlal Maan (talk) 17:27, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ranjithsiji (talk) 17:32, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Tarunsamanta (talk) 17:39, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ramjit Tudu (talk) 17:48, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Bijendra Hansda Purudhul (talk) 08:18, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- MKar (talk) 18:25, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Wassan.anmol (talk) 18:26, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Obaid Raza (talk) 18:33, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Nitesh Gill (talk) 18:44, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Pranayraj Vangari (talk) 20:23, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 22:34, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 01:58, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sangram Keshari Senapati (Gapu) (talk) 04:26, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Sreenandhini (talk) 04:34, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --AnoopZ (talk) 05:11, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --आर्या जोशी (talk) 09:33, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Mallikarjunasj (talk) 10:05, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Smjalageri (talk) 10:09, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- -Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 10:51, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 11:54, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Sushma Sharma (talk) 12:21, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Jagmit Singh Brar (talk) 12:31, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Capankajsmilyo (talk) 23:37, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 01:48, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- User:1997kB 04:13, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Dharampal Singh (talk) 06:47, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- IndrajitDas 08:27, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Pmlineditor (talk) 08:32, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Balajijagadesh (talk) 22:24, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Ananth subray (talk) 06:54, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- --Akbarali (talk) 14:53, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 09:28, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
- তনয় [t̪ɔnɔj] (আ/T) 06:38, 17 August 2019 (UTC) (First edit)
- Goutam1962 (talk) 06:10, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Nettime Sujata (talk) 08:45, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Participants from Guntur event (17 August 2019 - VVIT)
- Nivas10798 (talk) 13:22, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Naga sai sravanth (talk) 14:16, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- SuswethaK (talk) 17:26, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- I'm Irfan (talk) 17:29, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- Mekala Harika (talk) 01:19, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Asrija1 (talk) 06:04, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sriram vishnudatta (talk) 11:59, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sumanth699 (talk) 13:34, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Lakshmitirupatamma (talk) 04:22, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yasaswini manasa (talk) 04:23, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Bhimavarapu.Navyasri (talk) 04:23, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Pooja (talk) 04:28, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- keerthi sri (talk) 04:29, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Navya (talk) 04:30, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sk shaistha (talk) 04:31, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- ESWAR NAGA MAHESH (talk) 04:32, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Bhashyam Tharun Kumar (talk) 04:33, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Kundurthi0601 (talk) 04:34, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Lakshmi Narasimha Reddy Jonnala (talk) 04:34, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ghanta Haindavi (talk) 04:35, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Tirupathirao123 (talk) 04:36, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Shaikjaffarshariff (talk) 04:37, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Greeshma sai (talk) 11:03, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Chakka Madhumitha (talk) 17:23, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Kalli.Navya Sri (talk) 17:24, 17 August 2019 (UTC)|
Firstly, thanks for the enthusasitic participation. Thanks to the student of VVIT WikiConnect, for organising an onsite data-thon event. This year we focused more on data/property-related edits.
The values calculated below are given as follows:
- Indian-language labels refer only to labels on items with an India-related property or on items listed among the items in the "Quick label additions" queries.
- Datathon-related properties refer only to statements using properties listed on the data-thon page under the "India-related properties" portion.
Note: this statistics is being published to understand over-all participation and contribution during the data-thon.
Usernames with 0 points are not shown in the table below.
If you do not want your username in the list, please replace your username with "Placeholder"
See also: https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/38376
|Indian-language labels added||Datathon-related properties added||Total (using 0.5*labels + identifiers)|
|Bhashyam Tharun Kumar||2336||0||1168|
|ESWAR NAGA MAHESH||2174||0||1087|
|Naga sai sravanth||1673||0||836.5|
|Lakshmi Narasimha Reddy Jonnala||1500||0||750|
|Karamthot keerthi sri||128||0||64|
|R Ashwani Banjan Murmu||41||0||20.5|
|Sumita Roy Dutta||29||0||14.5|
|Gopala Krishna A||11||0||5.5|