Do you want to meet other Wikidata editors, attend a workshop or organize one? Don't hesitate to add a section on this page or use the talk page to suggest ideas! To help us advertise the event, please consider adding it to the next issue of the weekly newsletter.
If you're adding an event here, please consider adding it to the next issue of the newsletter as well!
- OSM TW x Wikidata Taiwan Taipei (Q1867) Meetup 2021-06-07 Mozilla Community Space Taipei (Q61752245)
- Wikidata bug triage hour, February 16th
- WikiCommons metadata analysis tool is intended to be developed at the online hackathon at hack.glam.opendata.ch, 16-17 April 2021
Some events (conferences) can be entered in Wikidata. You can find them on this page on Scholia, as well as related submission deadlines.
The WikidataCon, conference dedicated to Wikidata and its community, will take place on October 29-31, 2021.
Active regular meetups
- Paris every third Friday of the month. See the detailed program on Wikidata:Events/Paris.
- Wikidata workshops and meetings in Vienna. See the detailed program on Wikidata:Events/Vienna and Wikidata:Events/Vienna/WikidataWednesday
- Wikidata workshops and meetings in Taiwan. See the detailed program on meta:Wikidata Taiwan 2021 event and Wikidata:Events/Taiwan.
- Regular Wikidata Talks events in Istanbul. See the detailed program on Wikidata:Events/Istanbul.
- Weekly meetings in Swedish online. See the detailed program on Wikidata:Events/Swedish online editathon.
These groups may not be active, or maybe the pages are not up-to-date. Feel free to contact the editors to revive the meetups!
- Wikidata meetup in Berlin
- Regular Wikidata events are held in Tartu. See the detailed program on Wikidata:Events/Tartu.
- Regular meetups in Zürich: Wikidata:Events/Wikidata Zurich Meetup
- Events in the rest of Switzerland on Wikidata:Events/Switzerland
- Events and workshops in Mexico on Wikidata:Events/Mexico
- Events and workshops in Argentina on Wikidata:Events/Argentina
The Wikidata and Wikibase office hours are online events where the development team present what they have been working on over the past quarter, and the community is welcome to ask questions and discuss important issues related to the development of Wikidata and Wikibase.
- Next: 16:00 UTC on Wednesday 28th July 2021 (18:00 Berlin time) in the Wikidata Telegram group [tentative date]
- Previous: April 28th (see also the list of all previous sessions and notes)
Wikidata bug triage hour
The bug triage hour is an online event where the product manager of Wikidata publicly works on triaging development tasks (typically on Phabricator), improving their descriptions, defining their priority, and collecting the wishes and needs from the Wikidata community. This experiment is part of the improvements on the support process, starting in February 2021.
The event is open to anyone who is interested in the development of Wikidata. When joining the event, the participants commit on following the Code of Conduct for technical spaces.
This event is in an experimental phase: the format, tools used, and many other things are still going to evolve in the future. If you have ideas, suggestions or issues, feel free to contact Léa.
- Documentation of previous sessions: Etherpad
You can find a (probably incomplete) list of past events and office hours on the archive page.