Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Fostering the cooperation between Gemeinsame Normdatei (GND) and Wikidata
- Submission no. 22
- Title of the submission
Fostering the cooperation between Gemeinsame Normdatei (GND) and Wikidata
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
j.kettdnb.de ; s.hartmanndnb.de
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
German National Library (DNB)
- Type of session
Discussion (starting with a short lightning talk)
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
The cooperation between the GND and Wikimedia projects has now been running for about 10 years. The use of GND-Identifiers as references in Wikipedia articles is perhaps the biggest success story. They connect both information networks and their communities. But we believe that this is not nearly the end of cooperative perspectives – especially in regard to wikidata it is rather the starting point. Wikidata supporters and the German National Library (DNB) - as the operator of the community-driven GND - would like to discuss further opportunities of working together in building an open semantic web around culture and knowledge.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- general overview of GND and the current cooperation issues
- better understanding of the common ground that both projects share
- concrete ideas for future co-operations between GND and Wikidata
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.