- Date: Saturday, 5 May 2018, 10 am - 2pm
FH Technikum Wien, Hochstädtplatz 6, 1200 Vienna
What we do
In our relaxed afternoon workshop, you’ll get an introduction to what Wikidata is all about. You’ll learn about SPARQL, the query language which you’ll use to ask Wikidata questions. Tobias, your friendly neighborhood Wikidata expert, has prepared small tasks tailored to both beginners and more advanced users. Exemplary tasks include:
- Complete the list of locations where the Vienna Philharmonics performed.
- Add the oldest train station in Austria to the database.
- Where in the world can you find statues of Marie Curie?
- And many more!
After our workshop, you’ll be able to do your own edits and add to the database! Advanced Wikidata users are invited to able to bring their own projects and, optionally, share your work with others.
How to register
The workshop is for free. The number of participants is limited.
I am there
- --Katjos (talk) 08:49, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
- VIGNERON (talk)
- --Tobias1984 (talk) 20:32, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- --Jean-Fred (talk) 12:07, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- --Pymouss (talk) 10:14, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- --Noniq (talk) 16:14, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Quwetz (talk)
- --Brains Than Mean (talk) 09:14, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --VLNTNO (talk) 09:16, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Ibuibu (talk) 09:17, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --DerPhysikeR1985 (talk) 09:18, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Patwww (talk) 09:18, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- Projekt ANA (talk) 09:18, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Sonkiki (talk) 09:20, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Jackie a k (talk) 09:21, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Hood1n1 (talk) 09:23, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --MakatiGirl186 (talk) 09:24, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- --Claudia.Garad (talk) 09:54, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- -- Guest 1 from Linuxwochen (joined after the break)
- -- Guest 2 from Linuxwochen (joined after the break)
I`m thinking about attending
Can't make it
What should I bring/ prepare?
- your laptop (not older than 10 years) + power supply
...which has installed a
If you don’t have one already, please
- create your Wikimedia user account before the workshop. You need it to make edits in Wikidata. In case of any difficulties, please reach out to Annemarie: email@example.com.
Good to know
The workshop will be held in English. But our mentor Tobias speaks German and he will be able to explain things in German in the breaks and in one-on-one talks.
Wikimedia Österreich's event guidelines apply to this workshop. They’re designed to make everyone feel welcome and to actively encourage a safe, friendly space for learning. Please read them – by attending, you’ll be accepting those rules of being nice to each other.