This is Hasley's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Hasley.
- Done. —Hasley+ 23:27, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
hi, I don't know where to report users on Wikidata. I request you to hide the abusive change in the following revision and block the user. https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q55695988&diff=prev&oldid=1422978528 Dicayes (talk) 16:09, 20 May 2021 (UTC)
- User has not edited in several days, though I revdeleted that obscenity. Next time, you can report vandals at WD:AN. Best, —Hasley+ 16:39, 20 May 2021 (UTC)
WikiSP Newsletter #1 (2021-06)
02:40, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Range block is needed
- I have blocked the range 18.104.22.168/24 for a month. Thanks for letting me know. —Hasley+ 16:01, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- Now 22.214.171.124 and God knows what other IPs... --E4024 (talk) 14:23, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- Done. —Hasley+ 14:30, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- Done, 6 months. —Hasley+ 14:44, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
Please have a look
- Blocked for another year. —Hasley+ 15:36, 10 June 2021 (UTC)
Vandalism and hate speech
User:Orhan kaymak diyarbakır
- Done. —Hasley+ 10:56, 15 June 2021 (UTC)
- Done. —Hasley+ 11:43, 24 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. It seems to be related to Wikidata:Administrators' noticeboard/Archive/2021/06#Report concerning User:126.96.36.199; I have blocked them for three days for now. —Hasley+ 14:37, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
Vandal of the day
- Hello, thanks for your report. Usually, vandal accounts will not get blocked if they stop editing after being warned. If they edit again, then a block is needed to prevent further disruption. I will be watching this. —Hasley+ 20:46, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
Qué tal? Cree que algun bibliotecario debe congelar Q106715007 en algun momento para que las partes discutan con cabeza fresca en vez de seguir tirando y empujando? A mí aquello me es un tema que ni había oído antes, pero molesta ver tanto ir y venir sobre una tontería... No? --E4024 (talk) 01:45, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
- @E4024 I emailed James himself yesterday about the item and from his response it sounds like he's contacted Wikimedia Privacy regarding certain statements, particularly the unsourced date of birth and place of birth statements. So from that correspondence I hope something will be done to James Haworth (realjamesh) (Q106715007) soon.
- (es) Ayer le envié un correo electrónico al propio James sobre el artículo y, por su respuesta, parece que se ha puesto en contacto con Wikimedia Privacy con respecto a ciertas declaraciones, en particular las declaraciones de fecha de nacimiento y lugar de nacimiento sin fuente. Entonces, a partir de esa correspondencia, espero que pronto se haga algo con James Haworth (realjamesh) (Q106715007). Sputnik12 (talk) 10:56, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hola, gracias por contactar conmigo. El lugar idóneo para discutir esto es el tablón de administradores. Estoy al tanto del caso, pero preferiría no intervenir, pues, primeramente, estoy involucrado al haber borrado su enlace de sitio en otro wiki, y también tengo mis dudas sobre la relevancia del personaje, por lo que estoy considerando proponer el borrado del elemento y de la propiedad Verified Handles VHID (P9395), así como también de su respectivo ítem. —Hasley+ 13:20, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
- P. D.: el elemento ya está semiprotegido. —Hasley+ 14:33, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
- Gracias por las respuestas. Como ya he dicho el tema de ese joven como tal no me interesa y por eso tampoco tenía idea de las cosas que Hasley acaba de compartir. Francamente estoy muy convencid@ que tenemos que separar las aguas entre diferencias de opinión (aunque se presenten en forma de una competición o pelea de cambios) y lo que es vandalismo. Recientemente estuve de visita en el tablón de administradores. Me ha molestado muchísimo aunque nadie ni siquiera opinó algo. Si no sabemos usar Project chat o añoramos tener otra plataforma para discutir diferencias de opinión sobre contenido, hagamos un "tablón de administradores contra el vandalismo" donde se pueden discutir contribuciones consideradas vandalismo por el/la proponente. Pienso que diferencias de opinión no es un tema de administración. Los administradores -o bibliotecarios como me gusta más- tienen que discutir esos temas en igualdad de condiciones con el resto y no con un botón nuclear en la manga. Hagamos el "tablón de administradores contra el vandalismo" y si alguién trae un tema de diferencias de opinión a dicho tablón, que el administrador que lo vea lo traslade a la página "project chat" o alguna nueva plataforma por este tipo de (non-vandal) conflictos. Saludos cordiales. --E4024 (talk) 14:43, 2 July 2021 (UTC) P.S. Yo no quise decir a Hasley que use los botones nucleares cuando escribí mi mensaje inicial; solo quise decir "proteger" la página para que ésta quedara estable mientrás la discusión se realizara en otra parte.
- Blocked for one week. —Hasley+ 15:49, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
Non-admin help request
Hi. Asiye Nurten (Q101232142) is co-author of a series of academic articles we have got. I want to create the necessary links between the items of the author(s) of these articles with the items of the relative texts, such as Scopolamine-induced convulsions in food given fasted mice: effects of physostigmine and MK-801. (Q42548060). Can you show me how to do that? (I guess for texts written by several people we need to have a "co-author" thingy, but we do not.)
OTOH, all these academic article items are made by bots and of course they cannot decipher the exact names of the co-authors, as in this case, because the text just says "Nurten A" instead of "Asiye Nurten". Also, the bot (why?) adds a full stop dot at the end of article names, which seems wrong to me. Is it not?
- Hello. There are two types of author properties. These are author (P50) (used when the item for the author exists) and author name string (P2093) (used when the item does not exist). I did a search for the authors using Author Disambiguator (Nurhan Enginar, Asiye Nurten, Pınar Yamantürk, and Hikmet Koyuncuoǧlu), and only two have items—Nurhan Enginar (Q17046216) and Asiye Nurten (Q101232142). Both properties can be used, keeping the same series ordinal (P1545) to denote order; see for example Q21521425.
- Regarding your last question, I am not really sure, but suspect that it was a bot error. Hope it helps.
- Best, —Hasley+ 22:24, 7 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hasley, amig@, many thanks. From what you say I understand we have to have items of all the authors to do what I want to do. I already made Pınar Yamantürk (Q107449659), the item of her surname, and developed the items of people with that surname etc. I think Wikidata should pay me, at least the gafas/lentes! (Since I began surfing in the WM universe, trying to write everything with two fingers, I think I have both of them shorter and fatter than the others... :) Best. --E4024 (talk) 23:54, 7 July 2021 (UTC)
WikiSP Newsletter #2 (2021-06)
16:10, 8 July 2021 (UTC)
Category:Airlines established in 2021 (Q107465995)
Hola. Although I am autoconfirmed, when I try to develop Category:Airlines established in 2021 (Q107465995) I am stopped by the system from using what was wrongly in the "definition" as "label", and I had to use the letter "i" instead of the preposition "in" to surpass the problem. It takes time for my edits to become "accepted, confirmed", something strange after so many contributions... Thanks. --E4024 (talk) 15:43, 9 July 2021 (UTC)
- The label cannot be the same as the description (and vice versa), as in the previous revision of the item; removing the wrong value should fix it. Best, —Hasley+ 16:18, 9 July 2021 (UTC)
WikiSP Newsletter #3 (2021-08)
20:49, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
Hi Hasley, I just noticed that you blocked Special:Contributions/2001:8004:C82:D673:F1D4:97DB:9AA5:890B. It's an LTA vandal from New South Wales who keeps us busy for many months. In sum it took me some hours cleaning up their crap on Commons and here as well. Just FYI: Today I was fed up once again and blocked all of their IP ranges for 6 months: Special:Contributions/2001:8003:2000::/36, Special:Contributions/2001:8003:365a:7500::/64, Special:Contributions/2001:8004::/32, and Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52/17. The last one had collateral damage here on wikidata, where they used Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 only. I tried to collect their IPs but I've given up now. Regards, Achim (talk) 21:00, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
- Achim, thank you for the notice. I have blocked both of the 2001:8003:2000::/36 and 2001:8003:365a:7500::/64 ranges for three months (the third one is already blocked [/33]), and added a ton of items to my watchlist. I will monitor them over the next few months to see what happens. Best, —Hasley+ 21:44, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
- Done. —Hasley+ 15:46, 28 September 2021 (UTC)
- Deleted. —Hasley+ 13:23, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
- Transcluded. Please address the concerns brought up in the discussion section. I do not work with property proposals, so there is not much I can do. Best, —Hasley+ 02:35, 30 September 2021 (UTC)
- Also have a look at User talk:User318373 please. Thx. --E4024 (talk) 02:10, 1 October 2021 (UTC)
- I have blocked the IP address for 6 months. The account was warned, and has been inactive since then; if they edit again, they will get blocked. Best, —Hasley+ 13:57, 1 October 2021 (UTC)
LTA or LTAs
- Done. —Hasley+ 18:46, 2 October 2021 (UTC)
Sabiha Sertel (Q1396133)
Sabiha Sertel (Q1396133) was born Sabiha Nazmi and with marriage became Sabiha Zekeriya. Later -with the Surname Law- Sabiha Sertel. ES:WP makes a mistake in her previous names such as "Sabiha Nazmi Zekeriya Sertel" (sic) and a bot adds that invented name to her item here. I am not sure why I care for that version of WP (maybe I only care for "knowledge") and I guess you are active there. Maybe you can do something to prevent the bot from doing this again. Gracias. --E4024 (talk) 23:54, 4 October 2021 (UTC)
- I do not know how the bot works. I did some clean-up of this page, and removed “Sabiha Nazmi Zekeriya Serte” as there are no reliable sources that confirm that. Hope it helps. Best, —Hasley+ 03:19, 5 October 2021 (UTC)
WikiSP Newsletter #04
03:07, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
Un vándalo encontrado...
...aquí. Hola, Hasley. Te agradecería si fueras tan amable de bloquear esta CCV, por favor. No ha vuelto a editar, pero ya sabes, por si las moscas, o tú me dices. Un saludo. csq dime... 17:45, 18 October 2021 (UTC)