Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Wikidata Under the Hood
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no. 94
- Title of the submission
- Wikidata Under the Hood - how it works, and why it's all so complicated.
- Author(s) of the submission
- Daniel Kinzler
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Type of session
- Talk (the usual conference format. 45min, large audience)
- Length of session
- 60m including discussion
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
- This talk gives an overview of how Wikidata works under the hood. Some aspects covered:
- Storage as one wiki page per subject.
- Storage as JSON.
- The API.
- Change propagation.
- Lua interface
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- A basic understanding of the technology that underlies Wikidata
- Special requests
- Kittens. Or better, baby goats. Yea, goats would be nice!
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.