This project aims to improve the connection between SBL "The Dictionary of Swedish National Biography" and Wikidata/Wikipedia
The primary focus is
- Connect all articles describing a person in SBL to a Wikidata object
- On most Swedish Wikipedia articles that is also described in SBL have the Template SBL
- Connect all articles describing a "släkt"/family in SBL connected to Wikidata
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
Meeting in Autumn
As SBL is a very trusted source for Swedish bibliographic information I think the integration between should be tight more than loosely coupled
- facts in Wikidata should be compared regularly with SBL
- facts in Wikidata that is also in SBL should have a reference in Wikidata to SBL
- if a mismatch is found e.g. its wrong in SBL we should have a procedure for that (is changing the rank enough?!?!)
- that SBL creates an well defined architecture how WIkidata should access the data or is one tome change enough in Wikidata?
- that SBL define they they are part of this. WHen I listen to Livrustkammaren and Karin Nilsson it is clear that they have a well defined policy....
How should we describe SBL in WIkidata
Create Wikidata objects for all records in SBL
Repeat all the data on every reference
- d:Property:P106 should every "yrken" in SBL be a Wikidata object
- d:Property:P50 should every "författare" in SBL be a Wikidata object
- How do we check that we map them correct? Both in Template:SBL and in Wikidata
- SBL today have articles about person and about families (släkt) how to map that in the best way?
- We have added the option sameas=Nej on sv:Wikipedia:Mall:SBL
- Section "Meriter" can we map that to Wikidata?