User talk:Mike Linksvayer
Welcome to Wikidata, Mike Linksvayer!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 16:21, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 19:50, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Starting items about scholarly articles
Hi Mike, if the articles for which you'd like to create items have a DOI, PMID or PMCID, then you can use WD:SourceMD to do it in a semi-automated way. If you have only a PMID or PMCID, then WD:Fatameh is also an option. To explore bibliographic metadata in context, try WD:Scholia. --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 21:51, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! Works great, I will use all the time now. Mike Linksvayer (talk) 21:22, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
AARoads and Wikidata
Hi, I saw your recent Mastodon post looking for information on the AARoads Wiki’s plans around Wikidata. I’ve proposed a property that should help to keep the roads content in the Wikidata orbit. Some of the editors there (not enough) are still active in updating Wikidata, so I’m hopeful that tighter integration is only a matter of time. In the meantime, one of the new wiki’s selling points is maps based on OpenStreetMap Americana (Q110609728), which unlike Wikimedia Maps uses Wikidata labels for some map labels. Hope this helps! Minh Nguyễn 💬 00:39, 18 September 2023 (UTC)