Welcome to Wikidata, LadiesMakingComics!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Merging duplicate items
Hello LadiesMakingComics, you can merge duplicate items using the merge-gadget (in your preferences). You can find more info about it here: Help:Merge. - Valentina.Anitnelav (talk) 08:59, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
mix'n'match 1928 Bedetheque (auteurs)
Look at the report, he starts making constraint violations.
Also, you can parse more site data, such as the date of birth, it will be easier to make the matches.
- I know, I didn't realize that there was already a property value when I made the scraper, and I took a different approach when making it. I asked Magnus to help me fix it yesterday, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I would delete it and start over if I knew how, but I think only Magnus can. (If you know how to delete it, let me know!) --LadiesMakingComics (talk) 17:09, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- No sorry, I have the same problem when a update a scraper, item already found are not updated.
- You can ask Magnus to desactivate it, and recreate a new one. I don't know if he can clean the existed one.— eru [Talk] [french wiki] 18:39, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, hundred format violation have just appeared : Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint_violations/P5491.
- Where did you ask Magnus, I can't find it ? I think the best place to do it is here User_talk:Magnus_Manske. — eru [Talk] [french wiki] 09:00, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, just find your post here meta:User_talk:Magnus_Manske#New_Mix'n'Match_scraper_fix?. — eru [Talk] [french wiki] 09:02, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I just saw a option "active" in https://tools.wmflabs.org/mix-n-match/#/catalog_editor/1928 , I don't remember if it was already there, can you try it ? — eru [Talk] [french wiki] 07:47, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
Hey, I saw you adding a some great sites to Mix'n'Match, thank you for that! I also tried but this RegEx thingie (and the lack of coding skills) always gets me. Do you happen to know any tutorials which could help learning how to transcribe to URLs so I can make scrapers? Thank you! --Adam Harangozó (talk) 18:58, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Hello, I am a member of projet:Bande dessinée on frwp. The wikicontest is ongoing and team 13 has chosen to develop: "women comics artists". Thanks for your updates on WD, it helps. Regards, --Bédévore (talk) 19:49, 2 April 2019 (UTC)