- Submission no. 99
- Title of the submission
- Author(s) of the submission
- User:T Arrow
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United Kingdom
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- ContentMine/WikiFactMine Project
- Type of session
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
The WikiFactMine project is a WMF Project Grant Funded Project by ContentMine that seeks to use text mining of the Open Access bioscience literature to enhance the Wikimedia projects. This workshop is a hands on introduction to the tools the project has made and how you can get involved. Both to enhance the mining of the topics in which you are interested by creating dictionaries from Wikidata itself and also by using the facts linked to Wikidata that we've already mined to enhance Wikimedia projects including Wikidata.
We'll be giving a brief introduction to the project including: the selection of papers we mine, how the mining is being done and the sort of things we're extracting. We'll briefly show the tools we both use and have developed and how you could get involved or contribute to their development.
We'll then show how to make dictionaries and make some in the session using tools we've developed. Finally we'll be showing the way you can use the facts we've mined through the wikifactmine-api, our userscript and through other 3rd party tools.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- An understanding of the WikiFactMine Project
- How to make dictionaries for WikiFactMine from Wikidata
- How to consume facts from WikiFactMine that are linked to Wikidata
- Overview of the WikiFactMine tools and API that the attendees could build on
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.