Welcome to Wikidata, Miraclepine!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi Mirclepine, Among the gadgets in your preferences there is the gadget currentDate which automatically adds today's date in retrieved (P813), which is handy for references. --1Veertje (talk) 11:16, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
Q61881525 v. Q89140197
What is up with your changes to the pair Cronman family (Q61881525) and Cronman family (Q89140197) and some other Swedish noble families? Shouldn't they all appear the same way? Your changes make it harder to distinguish between Cronman family (Q61881525) and Cronman family (Q89140197). Having the Swedish noble family number in the description distinguishes the two from each other. Also why are you removing family_name=Cronman, it appears to be allowed, and is used across the noble family list. --RAN (talk) 00:02, 1 April 2020 (UTC)
- @Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ): Hi. I changed them because I'm planning to add as many Adelsvapen IDs to Wikidata as possible, so I figured that some of the families may need to be separated by Swedish noble family number. I've decided to re-add the number due to the concerns you raised. And as for the family name, I'm not really sure it's usable on the noble families since it tends to generate an "item requires statement constraint" message because families are defined by only a surname as a group. ミラP 00:36, 1 April 2020 (UTC)
- Big project! Have fun, it is also a bit confusing because of the overlap between German noble families and the Swedish ones that are the same family at one point in their trees. I am sure once you add more you will figure out the best way to harmonize the data and distinguish similar families. Once again, have fun with it. --RAN (talk) 00:43, 1 April 2020 (UTC)
DYK about gadgets?
Did you know that in gadgets there are the handy extentions currentDate and DuplicateReferences which make it easier to cite references? The first automatically puts the current date as the value for retrieved (P813) and the second lets you copy a reference from one statement to another after you refresh the page.1Veertje (talk) 05:33, 10 April 2020 (UTC)