Welcome to Wikidata, Charliefish!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--18.104.22.168 08:40, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
When you (want to) merge items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It helps with merging and removes the need to file a request on Wikidata:Requests for deletions.
With regards,- сyсn - (talk • contribs • logs) 08:58, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
@Cycn: Just since I'm super new to this site, not quite sure how to do that yet. I'm also not sure which direction I should merge it. I figured posting where I did would help get someone with more experience to help out :)