A lot is happening around Wikidata. Weekly summaries are posted to this page and on the Wikidata mailing list. You can also subscribe to the on-wiki newsletter to have them delivered to your talk page.
You can contribute to the next edition at Wikidata:Status updates/Next.
Last status update
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2015-03-28.
- Sex and artists
- VIAF is Moving to Wikidata
- Upcoming: IRC office hour on Tuesday
- Upcoming: Editathon in the pre-program of the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- The next steps for the header redesign and bugfixes are live
- New tool by Magnus that lets you add reference URLs with a single click
- An update from Freebase (which is going read-only on Tuesday!)
- The tours are working again thanks to Bene* and Lucie
- Effort to define a biomedical relationship ontology for Wikidata
- Eventzoom.net - displaying history from Wikidata on maps
Did you know?
- Newest properties: ABoK number, Word Health Organisation International Nonproprietary Name, Danish National Filmography ID, Masaryk University person ID, EMLO person identifier, Commemorative plaque image, Wikimedia database name, Maltese Islands National Inventory of Cultural Property identifier, ISO 639-5, International Standard Industrial Classification code, Smithsonian American Art Museum: person/institution thesaurus id, bureau du patrimoine de Seine-Saint-Denis ID, format as a regular expression, category of associated people, category of people buried here, BioStor author identifier, chief operating officer, DVN identifier
- Newest WikiProjects: Dictionary of National Biography (DNB)
- Newest gadgets: Image search can find photos for the new "commemorative plaque image" property
- There is a SpecialPage to easily get to the Wikidata item for a given Wikipedia article and another one to get to the Wikipedia article for a given Wikidata ID.
- Deployed new code to Wikidata \o/ (and fixed a few issues that popped up)
- Made good progress on RDF export (needed for example for queries)
- Did more performance groundwork for arbitrary access
- Students working on improved constraint reports and checking against 3rd party databases are making good progress
- Looked into improving suggestions
- Worked on making dispatching changes from Wikidata to Wikipedia and co more robust
- Removed backwards compatibility from
mw.wikibase.getEntity(), to be deployed April 7 and 8. See also here.
- Improved support for right-to-left languages, e.g. in the sitelinks view
- Created a unit test framework for special pages
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here.
- Hack on one of these.
- Help fix these items which have been flagged using Wikidata - The Game.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
- Help translate or proofread pages in your own language!
- Add multi-lingual labels for the new properties listed above.
Anything to add? Please share! :)