Wikidata:Status updates/2014 04 12
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-04-12.
- Announcing ToolScript. With ToolScript can be used to get the output of all Magnus' tools
- Feline mayors of the world or why Wikidata is awesome
- A Rijksmuseum representative indicated what kind of information she hopes Wikidata will deliver
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Wikiquote now gets its sitelinks via Wikidata. Welcome, Wikiquote! Access to the other data will follow.
- Do you want automatic sidebar links to other Wikimedia projects powered by Wikidata? Here you go: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata-l/2014-April/003690.html Thanks Tpt!
- Use Wikidata for internationalization on any website! How awesome is this? Very!
- Vote for some Wikidata talks for Wikimania
Did you know?
- Newest properties: KulturNav-id, compression ratio, patent number, OmegaWiki Defined Meaning, phone number, International Standard Recording Code, Theatricalia play ID, Swiss Football Association Club Number, Danish Bibliometric Research Indicator level, ISFDB publisher ID, Swedish Football Association ID, Box Office Mojo film ID, Parsons code, ISFDB series ID, ISFDB publication ID, ISFDB author ID, Linguist list code, NARA online catalogue
- Still looking for an awesome intern. Do you know someone who'd fit?
- Bene* continued working hard on making “badges” (the “featured” and “good article” stars) in Wikidata a reality
- Finishing touches for Statements on properties
- Worked on better error messages when parsing failed
- Updated the translations to use much easier to manage JSON files for each language
- Made a list of hard to understand messages that should be reworded
- Implemented a usable interface for Special:SimpleQuery
- Closed a backdoor that let you change the property of a snak via the API, sorry guys
- Continuous refactoring and improving of the code base that defines what Wikidata and the Wikibase extensions are
- Kept Wikidata up to date with the typography update
- Started to redesign the Wikibase page on mediawiki.org
- Investigated if standard spam prevention features of MediaWiki work as they should on Wikidata (Result: mostly yes but some fixes/tweaks are needed.)
- Released version 1.0 of the Diff extension.
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the movement (P135) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)