Wikidata:Status updates/2014 04 26
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-04-26.
- Lydia will give an update on Wikidata at the WMF Metrics and Activities meeting
- Indian Parliamentarians' Label-a-thon is taking place to add labels for all members of the Lok Sabha.
- In May, edit-a-thons hounouring Adrianne Wadewitz are taking place to add more gender related information to Wikidata.
- Wikidata office hour on May 19th at 17:00 UTC.
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Time and geocoordinates have been reworked and need some testing at test.wikidata.org. Found issues? Let Lydia know.
Did you know?
- Newest properties: coordinates of the point of view, Rotten Tomatoes ID, depicts Iconclass representation, Iconclass notation, Helveticarchives ID, Slovenska biografija ID, BCU Ecrivainsvd, AUSTLANG code, ABS ASCL code
- Worked on making it possible to use languages not supported by MediaWiki in Wikidata
- We now also display statements with "no value" or "unknown value" on the client (when using the parser function or Lua)
- Created another maintenance script to fix data integrity issues
- Finishing touches on the first version of the new entity suggester
- Simple queries are starting to work (If you want to see a demo attend the WMF Metrics and Activities meeting)
- Worked more on making error messages localizable
- Released Wikibase DataModel 0.7.4
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Fix a format or content violation for the academic degree (P512) property
- Hack on one of these.
- Help develop the next summary here!
- Contribute to a Showcase item
Anything to add? Please share! :)