Wikidata:Contact the development team
|Wikidata development is ongoing. You can leave notes for the development team here, on #wikidata connect and on the mailing list or report bugs on Phabricator. (See the list of open bugs on Phabricator.)|
Regarding the accounts of the Wikidata development team, we have decided on the following rules:
- Wikidata developers can have clearly marked staff accounts (in the form "Fullname (WMDE)"), and these can receive admin and bureaucrat rights.
- These staff accounts should be used only for development, testing, spam-fighting, and emergencies.
- The private accounts of staff members do not get admin and bureaucrat rights by default. If staff members desire admin and bureaucrat rights for their private accounts, those should be gained going through the processes developed by the community.
- Every staff member is free to use their private account just as everyone else, obviously. Especially if they want to work on content in Wikidata, this is the account they should be using, not their staff account.
|On this page, old discussions are archived. An overview of all archives can be found at this page's archive index. The current archive is located at 2014/12.|
- 1 External search
- 2 Scroll bar issue
- 3 Statement sorting broken
- 4 Error while trying to view supressed version
- 5 Missed ping
- 6 Recent interface changes
- 7 Problème
- 8 Can't edit "Wikipedia pages linked to this item"
- 9 Can't add Wikivoyage pages to items
- 10 MediaWiki message requests
- 11 Sitelink not updated after a page move
- 12 Wikibooks / Wikiversity
Why the query "инфрасемейство site:wikidata.org" (in Google/Bing/Yandex/...) doesn't find infrafamily (Q5481039) (with ru-label инфрасемейство), but query "infrafamily site:wikidata.org" finds? Labels in not all languages are open for robots? --Infovarius (talk) 13:05, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
- I am not sure why. There shouldn't be a difference. Maybe @Denny: can have a look? --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 18:29, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
- Ok. Did some more research. The issue is probably that those pages simply are not found by search engine crawlers because they are not linked. I'll have to think if there is a nice way to solve this. An ugly way to solve it could be to simply link all language versions at the bottom of an item. (But that's something we really don't want to do.) --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 19:15, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- You mean adresses like https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5481039?setlang=ru ? What about to put all labels and all descriptions inside the html of any language version (possibly in a hidden way)? --Infovarius (talk) 14:29, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
Scroll bar issue
- Use a Webkit browser.
- Open any item with sitelink.
- Try scrolling using scroll bar.
- When floating sitelink section sidebar is reached, the page automatically return to the top.
No problem with IE.
Browser: 5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36 SE 2.X MetaSr 1.0
- Where did you test this? --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 09:46, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Lydia Pintscher (WMDE): For example, Q5296.--GZWDer (talk) 10:10, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
Statement sorting broken
- Go to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q76
- Click 'edit' for the medical condition statement
- Click the down arrow at right in the statement box
- Note how 'save' is gray and disabled -- the resorted statement cannot be saved.
This affects Firefox and Chrome, even after clearing cache. I've noticed this bug on other items for over a week, but now that a highly visible subject looks somewhat ridiculous I figure it's time to contact the development team. Emw (talk) 22:59, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- It works if you click 'edit', down arrow, 'cancel', 'edit', down arrow, 'save' --Pasleim (talk) 23:08, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Error while trying to view supressed version
- Thanks for the report. I've just uploaded gerrit:178352 that will fix that (among other things). Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 22:49, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- This one did not but this one did. Matěj Suchánek (talk) 19:56, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- I am not sure what is happening there. Sorry. That doesn't seem to be an issue with Wikidata though. Can you take it up with Echo please? --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 09:47, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Recent interface changes
While I appreciate the development team's dedication to usability and like breaking changes in general, nearly every newly deployed feature breaks some gadgets/scripts. And, in general, extending the Wikibase UI functionality with stable practices ought to be much easier. --Ricordisamoa 18:33, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- You are right. That sucks. The problem is we have to make quite a few more of those changes before we're done with the interface redesign. We've added the authority control gadget to our testing suite so that we notice when it breaks and can provide fixes. I am happy to add a few more. The other thing we can do is get a better idea of which parts you rely on and then give better advance warnings when they change. Sorry this is frustrating :/ --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 20:40, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- I think that all gadgets available from user preferences should be tested. Petr Matas 01:07, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Also, the editing UI for sitelinks is somewhat more complicated than the previous one. I'd have at least expected that it would have allowed to edit several links with a single edit, but it doesn't. --Ricordisamoa 16:13, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Bonjour, je voudrais signaler un problème d'ouverture des liens interwikis. Je clique sur le "modifier" de "Pages de Wikipédia liées à cet élément" mais rien ne se passe. Je voulais savoir si le programme Wikidata effectue des mises à jour ou si ce problème n'arrive qu'à certains utilisateurs. Si quelqu'un a eu le même souci et a trouvé la solution pourrait t'il la faire partager. Merci d'avance, Méphisto38 (d) 17 décembre 2014 à 11:10 (CEST)
- Discussed at Wikidata:Bistro#Probl.C3.A8me. -- LaddΩ chat ;) 13:51, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have the same problem. --Berdea (talk) 17:47, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
From the morning of this day I try to add or remove links in "Wikipedia pages linked to this item" from Google Chrome, but there is no reaction after pressing "Edit" button. But it works well on Mozilla. I tried from 2 different computers in different places and the result is the same. Please take a look at this problem.--Wertuose (talk) 17:35, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Can you please try to purge the page? (Add ?action=purge to the URL.) --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 17:16, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have purged and can confirm that this is still a problem. My browser console displays "TypeError: this._refreshTablesorter is not a function" when clicking on the  link above the Wikipedia pages table. —Wylve (talk) 12:06, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
Can't add Wikivoyage pages to items
This morning I tried to add the dewikivoyage Gilching to the existing Gilching Q552131. It was not possible, neither in Firefox 34.05 nor in Google Chrome. The only possibility I found was Internet Explorer, but that is very tricky. Please try to simplify adding pages. -- Balou46 (talk) 07:44, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
MediaWiki message requests
Please create MediaWiki:Wikibase-listdatatypes-wikibase-property-head and MediaWiki:Wikibase-listdatatypes-wikibase-property-body in Wikibase software. See Special:ListDatatypes.--GZWDer (talk) 10:40, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Submitted as gerrit:181059. Thanks, --Ricordisamoa 13:40, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Now resolved as phab:T84993. --Ricordisamoa 17:55, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
w:fi:Epäviralliset Jääkiekon Euroopan-mestaruuskilpailut 1941 was moved to w:fi:Epäviralliset jääkiekon Euroopan-mestaruuskilpailut 1941, but the sitelink didn't get updated on Wikidata item Q11858096 (Q11858096). And when I deleted the first mentioned page on Wikipedia, then the sitelink was also deleted on the item (item history). Is this a bug or the way how it works? --Stryn (talk) 09:05, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- The user doesn't have a SUL, that is a reqruirement for this feature. Sjoerd de Bruin (talk) 09:53, 20 December 2014 (UTC)