Aim and Scope
The aim of the present project is to coordinate the way datasets that serve as sources for data ingestion are described in Wikidata.
The project more specifically serves to coordinate the following activities:
- the identification of relevant vocabularies for the description of datasets (such as DCAT or schema.org);
- the implementation of such vocabularies on Wikidata;
- the definition of additional data fields needed for the preparation, execution and monitoring of data ingestion processes on Wikidata;
- the ingestion of metadata about relevant datasets into Wikidata;
- the enhancement and completion of such data.
This project was launched in 2017 in order to provide guidance with regard to the description of datasets in the context of larger data ingestion projects in the context of the WikiProject Cultural heritage.
Ways to Contribute
There are several ways you can contribute to the project:
- Help identify and implement relevant vocabularies for the description of datasets.
- Create Wikidata items for datasets that have been or are to be ingested into Wikidata.
- Add links to related projects on Wikipedia; draw their contributors' attention to this project page.
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
Related Pages and WikiProjects
- Data Donation / Data Import Hub
- WikiProject Cultural heritage
- Wikidata:WikiProject Bioacoustics Datasets