|Course||18e Tour Down Under|
|Competition||2016 UCI World Tour 2.UWT|
|Dates||19 – 24 January 2016|
|Distance||781.3 translation for unit_translate index 8 not found|
|Average speed||40.709 km/h|
|Winner||Simon Gerrans (Orica-GreenEDGE)|
|Second||Richie Porte (BMC Racing Team)|
|Third||Sergio Henao (Sky)|
|Points||Simon Gerrans (Orica-GreenEDGE)|
|Mountains||Sergio Henao (Sky)|
|Youth||Jay McCarthy (Tinkoff)|
|◀ 2015||2017 ▶|
The documentation for this function will be a mix between 2016 Tour Down Under (Q21093836) and 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499). After the development of the functions listofstages and listofwinners, it was important to develop a function infobox that would, like others, potentially benefit all language versions of Wikipedia. This function does not give extra work, on the french Wikipedia, infoboxes are already completely filled with data as we enter on Wikidata. The idea is to permit to benefit the other language versions, hoping that other contributors do the same. Expected time gains should ideally be allocated to bring more writings in articles and to treat all cycling races of the UCI. To enable contributors to work in several languages, the name of the function must never be translated. The infobox is always called by
First, check if the item exists, if it is not the case, create it. We must be careful enough because it is not uncommon for cycling races have different names according to the language. The ideal is to go in the cycling competition element verify if has part(s) (P527) includes a value for the 2016 edition of the race. Once on the item of the edition of the cycling race, it must be given a label and description. A written label in different main languages minimizes the risk of duplicates are created. You must then fill the infobox by giving values to the properties :
- instance of (P31) is used to indicate what race it is, here Tour Down Under (Q756827). The property instance of (P31) is also use to define the cycling race class defined by the International Cycling Union (Q22348500), the only values authorized are 1.UWT (Q22231106), 2.UWT (Q22231107), 1.HC (Q22231108), 2.HC (Q22231109), 1.1 (Q22231110), 1.2 (Q22231111), 2.1 (Q22231112), 2.2 (Q22231113), 1.Ncup (Q22231114), 2.Ncup (Q22231115), 1.2U (Q22231116), 2.2U (Q22231117), CC (Q22231118), CN (Q22231119).
- edition number (P393) indicates the edition number of the race, here it is the 18th edition.
- official name (P1448) to specify the name of the race in the country where it takes place if necessary. It is imperative to specify a language.
- sport (P641) with the value road bicycle racing (Q3609) will display the icon . The interest comes especially when it comes to listing the victories of a team and to distinguish them from those obtained in track cycling (Q221635) and cyclo-cross (Q335638).
- part of (P361) shows the competition for which the race has here the 2016 UCI World Tour (Q20970765). In the case of 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499), the race is part of both the 2015 UCI Europe Tour (Q18342122) and 2015 French Road Cycling Cup (Q19576822).
- point in time (P585) indicates to the single day races like 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499) the date of the race, here 6 September 2015.
- start time (P580) shows for stage races like the 2016 Tour Down Under (Q21093836) the beginning of the race, while end time (P582) indicates the end.
- event distance (P3157)
length (P2043)indicates the distance of the race, if it is a stage race, the distances traveled during each stage are indicated by the same property in the stages items.
- country (P17) indicates the country or countries crossed by the race, here Australia (Q408). Multiple values can be entered.
- follows (P155) indicates the previous edition of the race while followed by (P156) indicates the following edition, here are the values respectively 2015 Tour Down Under (Q18600560) and 2017 Tour Down Under (Q22338002).
- start point (P1427) and destination point (P1444) respectively indicate what city starts running and what city it ends here Prospect (Q3924087) and Adelaide (Q5112).
- number of participants (P1132) is used to indicate :
- The number of starters, here 140, with the qualifier location (P276) and beginning (Q529711) value ; did not start (Q1210382) cyclists are not recognized.
- The number of arrivals, here 134, with the qualifier location (P276) and end (Q12769393) value ; over time limit (Q7113430) cyclists are not recognized.
- speed (P2052) is used to indicate the average speed of the race, here 40.709 km/h. The unit, km/h, must always be mentioned.
- image (P18) displays a photograph, it should ideally represent the final podium, here the value is Fourmies - Grand Prix de Fourmies, 6 septembre 2015 (E19).JPG for 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499). media legend (P2096) qualifier used to specify the legend of photography. There may be as many values as there are languages.
- locator map image (P242) displays in the lower part of the infobox a map of the route, here the value is Grand Prix de Fourmies 2015 (A).jpg for 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499). If it is a stage race, the only card that can be placed there is the one representing the journey of all stages.
- has part(s) (P527) is used to list the stages of the race, the values here are 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 1 (Q21934629), 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 2 (Q21934630), 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 3 (Q21934631), 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 4 (Q21934632), 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 5 (Q21934633) et 2016 Tour Down Under, Stage 6 (Q21934634). Fill this field also allows you to use the listofstages function thereafter. Each stage must absolutely have its item.
- cost (P2130) is used to indicate the total cost of the race, € 330000 for the 2015 Grand Prix de Fourmies (Q20872499). This information is generally quite difficult to find, it is imperative to source.
- participating team (P1923) is used to indicate the teams participating in the race, here AG2R La Mondiale 2016 (Q21528775), 2016 Astana (Q21769847), 2016 BMC Racing (Q21769863), Cannondale-Drapac 2016 (Q21769874) ... All participating teams must be listed. The infobox counts the teams.
- winner (P1346) list the various winners of a cycling team. Each value must have a qualifier. These must not be confused with those used for the stages. The possible qualifiers are :
- of (P642) : overall winner general classification (Q20882667) ;
- of (P642) : second overall (Q20882668) ;
- of (P642) : third overall (Q20882669) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the points classification (Q20883007) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the mountain classification (Q20883212) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the sprint classification (Q20883328) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the young rider classification (Q20883139) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the combativity classification (Q20893983) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the combination classification (Q20893979) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the intermediate sprint classification (Q27067359) ;
- of (P642) : Q27067170 ;
- of (P642) : winner of the teams classification by time (Q20882921) ;
- of (P642) : winner of the teams classification by points (Q27104269).
- If a rider is part of a national team, add as additional qualifier a member of sports team (P54) and as value the item of the national team.
- ProCyclingStats race ID (P2327) produces no reaction in the infobox but allows to source data, the value here is 163240. Ditto for Cycling Archives race ID (P2330), with 267832 as value here.
|Course||83e Grand Prix de Fourmies|
|Competitions||2015 UCI Europe Tour 1.HC|
French Road Cycling Cup
|Date||6 September 2015|
|Distance||205 translation for unit_translate index 8 not found|
|Average speed||43.312 km/h|
|Winner||Fabio Felline (Trek Factory Racing)|
|Second||Tom Boonen (Etixx-Quick Step)|
|Third||Nacer Bouhanni (Cofidis, Solutions Crédits)|
|◀ 2014||2016 ▶|
The placed at the bottom right of the infobox is a tool showing the properties that were not indicated and should be.