WikidataCon 2023 will take place on October 28-29, 2023 – save the date! WikidataCon is a conference jointly organized by Wikimedia Germany and Wikimedia Taiwan that explores open data projects in East Asia. It’s a gathering that brings Wikidata enthusiasts together and encourages collaboration across boundaries, such as divergent fields of work, different cultural institutions, levels of education, research, and more.
The event will be held in a hybrid format:
- An on-site event in Taipei will welcome participants from the region and broadcast sessions online.
- Everyone will be able to participate in the online event, which will include some contributions from the global Wikidata community.
- We encourage local communities and user groups to organise autonomous pre-conference events and on-site events.
You can find more information on the pages of the event, accessible via the menu. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the organizers at contactwikidatacon.org.
- October 2: first version of the schedule is released
- October 4: deadline for speakers to send their pre-recorded videos