Wikidata:WikidataCon 2021/Program/Day 2 and 3 - Community tracks
On the second and third day of the conference, the program will consist of several thematic tracks organized during several time slots, to accommodate various time zones.
The schedule of the conference is available here, hosted on Pretalx. The program is still evolving, some information, times or sessions may change before or during the conference.
With Pretalx, you can enjoy the following features:
- access the program from mobile
- change the display of the times to adapt to your own time zone (the default setting is UTC/GMT)
- mark some sessions as favorite by clicking on the start icon, and viewing your own custom schedule by clicking on the star button next to the time zone field
- export the schedule in other formats: iCal, Json, XML, etc.
Overview of tracks
Here's an overview of the tracks we will have during the WikidataCon 2021. The exact times may still evolve before the event.
|🗓️ Day||💬 Room 1||💬 Room 2||💬 Room 3||🛠️ Hacking Room||🎉 Social Room|
Saturday, October 30th
|Tips & tools - 08:00 to 11:00 UTC
Track curator: Gnoeee
|Sister projects - 08:00 to 15:00 UTC
||Sustainable future - 08:00 to 14:00 UTC
||Space for editing together, working on technical topics, and other spontaneous gatherings.
||Space for socializing, off-topic discussions and social events. We will use the tool Wonder.me that allows people to form small groups and discuss with audio or video.
|Reusable data - 12:00 to 23:00 UTC
GLAM - 16:00 to 23:00 UTC
|Reimagining Wikidata - 15:00 to 23:00 UTC
Sunday, October 31st
00:00 to 08:00 UTC This slot is primarily for sessions organized by people located in Asia and Oceania. It contains presentations, discussions and meetups on various topics.
10:00 to 17:00 UTC The space for all Wikibase-related topics! Workshops, meetups, discussions, as well as technical gatherings are welcome.
|Education & science
10:00 to 18:00 UTC This track combines topics related to Wikidata in education, Wikidata in academics, Wikidata in universities, etc. as well as science-related projects.
11:00 to 17:00 UTC This is the space for presentations, discussions and workshops related to WikiCite, source metadata, and bibliographical data.
Propose a session
The call for proposals is now closed. Proposers will receive news of their submissions before October 26. A new version of the schedule will be released on October 27 and regularly updated before and during the conference.
Here's the list of the fields that are required in the submission form:
|Expand to see the list|
- For the program selection and display, we are using Pretalx, an open source tool dedicated to proposing and scheduling conference program.
- The sessions will take place on an instance of the open source video conference tool Big Blue Button, embedded in our online venue tool Venueless. It includes the usual features of a video conference tool: you will be able to talk, share your screen or a specific file, all participants can mute or unmute their microphone and camera, there is a text chat. If you're a speaker, you can have an overview of the available features here.
- The notes will be taken on Etherpad.
- If you're a speaker, you can find a slidedeck template here. The Montserrat font is available under an open license.
If you have any questions or issues, feel free to write on this talk page or directly to the organizing team at infowikidatacon.org.